Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Veilside Front Bumper

Old 01-25-2006 | 09:27 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

whoa whoa whoa... no side skirts or rear bumper? Just a front bumper? That totally won't work dude
Old 01-25-2006 | 09:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You know... I would especially expect you two to read the FIRST POST. He hit something... His Front Bumper got messed up.

AND if you look at his garage page, you can see he has fake VS front and rear bumpers and real VS sideskirts.
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:16 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

QUOTE (silvertibbs @ Jan 24 2006, 04:53 PM)
Veiltib is selling his in the FS forum.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=11381

Check it out.

uh...that thing got shot to SHIT out in the desert after his car broke down... LMAO

and the back bumper was demolished by a sludge hammer and a 250lb man jumping on it... lmao.gif

...sorry dude.

:mumbles: ....damn snow plows..
Old 01-26-2006 | 11:25 AM

doesnt flyryde have the gtp one they are same as veilside and should fit great?
Old 01-26-2006 | 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Casper @ Jan 25 2006, 11:34 PM)
You know... I would especially expect you two to read the FIRST POST. He hit something... His Front Bumper got messed up.

AND if you look at his garage page, you can see he has fake VS front and rear bumpers and real VS sideskirts.

i know he hit something. even in need of some kind of front bumper(due to damage on a previous one) i would not recommend getting a vs front.

did not realize he already had other parts to the kit though.
Old 01-26-2006 | 12:10 PM
Administrator

the problem with Veilside body kits, is they are SOO low. If you get a different front bumper, it really wouldn't look right (IMO). The sideskirts would be lower than the front bumper. The Zefiro is the only thing I think MIGHT be close to being as low as the Veilside.

Just for the hell of it, I did some searching and found my OLD website from when I first got my kit.

http://tiburon.4t.com/MyFrontPass.jpg - what it looks like with no sideskirts (hard to tell, it's jacked up)
http://tiburon.4t.com/MyFrontVeilside.jpg - head on shot, bumpers stick out further than sides

I put the entire body kit on, with the help of one friend, in my carport. NOTICE: The bumpers are white! Veilside doesn't sell BLUE bumpers. eyeroll.gif Veilside fitment is unbelievable, you don't really have to know anything besides how to drill a hole and line it up. I removed all bumpers (except front, it was already off due to accident) and put all Veilside bumpers on.

http://tiburon.4t.com/102N02-12-16(11-43).jpg
^ trying to get out of my driveway after putting it on, LOW clearance.
I got out to take the picture. Now, imagine myself in the car (~200lbs) and a passenger (~150-200) and a 100lb. Sub box in the trunk (now we've added almost 500lbs... think it's take up the gap?

After putting 17" wheels on the car, it was easier to get out of the driveway.
Old 01-26-2006 | 09:58 PM

Yeah I had some damage due to the roads around here cause it is a very low kit, but gonna get it patched up on the side skirts too, but I do like way the VS kit looks. And yes I do have the entire kit, there are pictures in the showroom somewhere. I thought about getting a different style front bumper, but I cant think of one that would look good w/ the rest of the VS kit. Any pics or ideas would be cool though, I've got a lil while to think about it.
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:11 PM
Administrator

I've considered it also boi... I've looked for another front bumper, but the Veilside kit goes well together. I don't think another front bumper would go with the sideskirts and rear bumper. It just goes well together as a package
Old 01-27-2006 | 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The kit isn't worth the problems. I've seen like 3 of them in person now, and everyone with them is always having problems because it's so low.

And honestly. It's a bit too... Uhm... I dunno. It looks like a Chevy Corvair got ass raped gang bang style by a F-16, F-14, and a squadron of F-15's.

Rip the whole thing off, get a different kit.

Okay, my rant is over.
Old 02-07-2006 | 09:36 PM

*update*

Finally got the money, got about $750 to spend on the front bumper from insurance, dont know if MVP is still out or not though, any other suggestions of how to get one asap?