Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

WTB: Valve cover

Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Sent the pictures 2 days ago, haven't heard anything yet. The crack showed up pretty clearly, so hopefully there's no question there.
I can send it back if you want (not sure what good it would do you), but how do you want to proceed? I really need to get this fixed asap, I'm borrowing 2 cars at the moment, and really need to get mine back. If you have another [uncracked] one, can you send it out? If not, can I get a refund (less shipping if you want) some time in the future? I can easily get one on car-part.com if that's the way we go.
Just need to hear something really soon...
Old 09-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Well I haven't heard a thing from Patreezy, and he hasn't logged on since the morning of the 16th. I absolutely have to get my car back, so I had to order another valve cover off car-part.com Gave him enough time to try to straighten this out, but got nothing, so I had to order another.
Good part is that I got a Beta II cover for about $45!!

Patreezy, whenever you log on again - I'd like to get a least some amount of a refund. If it's the $75 less whatever you paid for shipping, or possibly even just the $45 that I paid to get another one, that'd be fine. Just let me know, and I'll try to work with you. If you want me to send this one back to you, I'd can do that also - again I'm not sure why you'd want it back, but just putting everything on the table right now.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

He's bad about falling off the Internet when he gets busy at work.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:15 AM

^^ Thanks, at least I can hear something from someone! Fortunately he's been on long enough and I've known him from RDT days that I wasn't worried, just curious what happened. And unfortunately I had to proceed without a nod from him.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Guys, sorry. Stocker is right. I am a jackass. LOL. I haven't even seen my house or my family but one night this past week, work has been crazy. Why I pay a mortgage on a house I barely live in is beyond me, seems kinda ass-backwards if you ask me.

I also was recently handed an EOS Digital Rebel XT and was tol go "go have fun," lol, I know StrikeEagle will understand. I've been shooting everything left and right in any ounce of free time I get! =)

StrikeEagle, I've been waiting on that picture dude. I am still appalled that that valve cover is cracked! I have pictures of it before/while I was packaging it up to ship with no cracks.. ? Or at least that I could see. I didn't really "spread" it to see if there was a hairline crack somewhere as you described your mechanic found.

I got an e-mail from you a while back I see, but no attachments? It's all good I guess, sounds like you got a replacement to get you up and running. Sorry I couldn't get another out to you in time. I'll refund you via PayPal for your troubles (give me a couple days to get paid) and send me a note on whatever else it is you might be needing (small-ish of course), I probably have it. I'll throw that in the box for free to!

Also feel free to text/call me when I can't get to the forums/internet, e-mail works good too as it goes to my phone. I usually give my buyers all that info during the transaction so you can get ahold of me easier.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:34 AM

Good to hear from you! I assumed that was the case, so I wasn't too worried.
Dude - I have the XT and have shot tens of thousands of pictures with it! I know how exciting that is! I'm looking to upgrade though; want.... the 7D!
I sent you the email, but apparently forgot to attach the picture... DOH! I'll try to send it out again, or post it here, but my computer just crashed last night mad.gif Might still be on my memory card.
Do you still want me to ship it back to you or not?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Na, don't worry bout it. And if you decide to get rid of the XT when you upgrade keep me in mind! ;-)

Is there anything Hyundai Tiburon related you might want? need? I got enough parts in my cluster f*ck of a garage to build 4.5 RD1 tiburons, lol.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Ok, finally got the pictures! For this shot, I put a flash underneath it so you can see the light coming through the crack. The rest of the crack didn't really show up very well in the pictures, unfortunately.
Any idea when you might get a refund through?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:54 PM

Yesterday!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I will personally go to the junkyard tomorrow and get a valve cover that was off a 2000 tiburon, I was there today and took the spark plug wire cover, Looked like it was in good condition I can easily have to to you 50 shipped?