Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Tail Lights, Rd2

Old 05-17-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had tinted my tail lights awhile ago, but the stuff I used wasn't that great, and the clear coat I put on top of them was peeling and looking really bad. So I got some real Niteshades from Razloga (from GenesisBK, SUPER guy), and today tried to get off my old tinting and the clear coat. Well to put it succinctly, Epic Fail. Made a huge mess on it and didn't even get it all off. Tried sanding, acetone, rubbing compound, the works... All I ended up with was a nasty looking tail light, and no good surface to put down a coat of tint. I didn't even bother with the other tail light.
So, all that being said, I'm in need of a new set of tail lights! Ideally, I'd like to get a set of aftermarket ones, but money's kinda tight now. I didn't mind the tinted look, and I should be able to do it right this time. So throw me some offers, I'd probably be willing to spend upwards of $50 for a set of aftermarket ones (must be black, not carbon or chrome), or hopefully no more than $20 for a stock set that I'd tint.
I may go for a set of eBay ones, depending on what offers I'd get. I'm sorta unsure between these: set 1 set 2 set 3
So opinions on that would be awesome too. Remember that price is quite the factor... I am leaning towards the set 2 though, pre tinted and look just slightly aftermarket, not the loud ones like set 3.

Oh, and tinted covers could do the trick too, but it doesn't seem anyone sells them. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Set 3 Definitely! Stay away from the 4 lens lights. (Ugly IMO)

Doesn't kspec make tinted covers anymore?

Edit: Yeah they still do. http://kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=83&ai_id=1267
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 AM

im prettyyy sure theres a member here on the site who does tinting for tailights.

try doing a search and see what comes up

EDIT - http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...579&hl=tint
Old 05-18-2008, 12:18 PM

i'm selling my stock ones, someone told me that stock tail lights are worth $40, in fair condition, but i'll sell mine to ya for the price you offered, $20. here's some pics of em

i dont know what the shipping is, but if it's under $10 i'll take care of it wink1.gif that is depending on what form of shipment you prefer, USPS or UPS? i usually go to USPS cuz i live right next door to them.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 PM

Tib001, not doing Kspec, they've lost our respect, and getting parts are really iffy. Thanks for your opinion!
Paper - I can tint my own if I could get the old junk off, but I can't get the old stuff off. I'm not going to send it to Long because I don't want him to have to deal with the junk on it either.
Foxxy, I'll keep you in mind, thanks for your offer! I'm heavily leaning towards these aftermarket ones, but I may take another day to decide...
Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 PM

sweet, hope you find what you want fing02.gif
Old 05-18-2008, 09:18 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Tint them with K-Spec's covers!

Silicone and press them in place.

Bwam!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 PM

Well I ended up getting the aftermarket kind, they were too irresistable. Where'd you get your covers DTN? I didn't dare try Kspec, and I wasn't sure if anyone else carried them...
Thanks all for your offers, opinions and everything, it's always very much appreciated!