Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Stock Hood

Old 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

or just say that it was your buddy showoff's (dusty's) hood and gave to you or sold it to you for like $20, because he went back to stock or something... so you just came down to visit him and picked it up at the same time.

my cousin occasionally goes down to washington from vancouver to "visit" his friends (post office) and bums off "used" parts from them for his civic

just have showoff's (dusty's) information ready if they asked, you could ask him for it

good luck with whichever route you pick man

the feds tax people here in my location back and forth... it's crazy

sad.gif
Old 10-26-2005, 02:37 AM

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Oct 25 2005, 10:24 PM)
i bet you could get chris to make you a fake receipt saying it was $100 or something, or do it yourself and make up some company's name like "Custom Fibers" or some BS? That's probably what I'd do, it's pretty shady, but I don't think those guys are going to really look too closely..
Plus how much extra do you think they'll charge you, even if it's $50 (which I bet it would be lower), I doubt you'd find a hood for less than that. Also, then you have to install your hood parking-lot style, without a garage and good tools..and it's getting cold out.

yeea.. actually thats what i did.. i sent chris two payments.. the second payment was for 100 of the remaining.. so i can show that to them.. but i'm worried that if they don't believe me they can still charge me book price for it. plus they are gonna ask for his number and call him.. my friend picked up rims and they called the guy who sold it to him to ask if its true and stuff...
parking lot style might be the way to go .. who knows.. it doesnt take much to take off the hood.. its really easy..

QUOTE (jay_m05 @ Oct 25 2005, 11:56 PM)
or just say that it was your buddy showoff's (dusty's) hood and gave to you or sold it to you for like $20, because he went back to stock or something... so you just came down to visit him and picked it up at the same time.

my cousin occasionally goes down to washington from vancouver to "visit" his friends (post office) and bums off "used" parts from them for his civic

just have showoff's (dusty's) information ready if they asked, you could ask him for it

good luck with whichever route you pick man

the feds tax people here in my location back and forth... it's crazy

sad.gif

well yeea.. if i say that he sold it to me for that much they wont believe me.. its gonna get nasty.. i've seen it done before..

btw.. has anyone tried fitting a RD hood inside the car!?!? will it fit with the seats down and stuff?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I garuntee you you there is no way in hell you can fit an Rd1 or 2 hood into your car. Just not possible, so all this ranting about customs isn't even gonna happen. You need an SUv or truck..

I know this because I had to take my old stock hood and jump on it several times to get it to finally fold in half (horizontally) so it would fit in the back with the seats down.

But if you plan on actually putting it on your car, there's no way it's getting picked up in your car...

just look at the width of your hood and the width of the opening on the hatch...uh uh
Old 10-26-2005, 08:16 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

i believe he said originally that he wants to ditch an old stocker.