Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb - Silk Body For Kit 97-99 Tibby

Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone here has the Silk BMX bodykit for the rd1 tibby that they are looking to get rid of. I was just pricing one at andys and it gets pretty steep when you get into the shipping and boarder fees (Im a Canuk). So if anyone has that kit or another none hotwheels looking kit Let me know, thanks
MikeMac
Old 06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

WTF is a silk BMX body kit? just another knockoff kit or something?

since it probably is another junk kit, don't expect em to fit right, and hold up to any minor abuse well..
Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Thats funny, I asked if someone had one for sale, thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ Um... he was giving you advice on the kit.

For one thing he has never heard of the kit, and has been around tiburons and RDT for quite a bit longer than you. As well as having the knowledge of putting a body kit on his own car he was trying to help you with the fact that any knockoff kit you get will take alot of body work and money to get it to fit the car properly as well as look good.

Plus you need to fill out your location so that people would know where to ship it to.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Advice is fine, and I appologize if that seems a little more like bashing then advice, to each his own i guess. And He may have been around the tiburons longer but I have put on plenty of body kits and have lots of experience with Fiberglass. But regardless, Sorry, and after scanning the site i found the cuda kit so i think i might end up going with it. Thanks and again, Sorry
Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

damn, i try to give some decent advice, and i got some n00b being sarcastic...

if you have put on tons of body kits, you would know a 500$ complete kit would be garbage... and you wouldn't think it was 'expensive' at all..

what i also find funny about that kit on the site.. is that they use a picture of the original distributor of the kit KGS engineering, which it is labeled a 'boomer' kit..

also, if you are such a pro of the body kits, you would also steer clear of cheap ass knockoff kits in general because of shit quality, crappy fitment, prone to cracking, etc.