Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Release Fork... Need Asap

Old 01-08-2010, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

i just snapped my fork due to a slave cylinder problem, the pressure was not releasing in the slave cylinder, and it made the slave cylinder snap the top of the splines on the release fork right off. i just put the tranny in last month and now i have to drop it again. Im so pissed right now beyond words.

im willing to trade a brand new, never used, OEM clutch disc, or just pay cash, whatever you prefer.

i need this part as soon as possible.

hope you can help. thanks, email me at loneshark@gmail.com or AIM me at loneshark2000.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Dealership mang, dealership. Call them up.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:57 AM

yea, i hate dealing with the stealership.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Like I said through email, I should have one for you.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

i have one.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 AM

wow, thanks guys, so i guess we can do this american government style... PM me with your price with shipping included and i will pick the lowest bidder !

really thanks guys, i thought this would be a hard to come by part.

PS - I have a 99 elantra transmission in the tib. is there any difference in shift forks from beta to beta 2s. reason i ask is, i know there was a difference on the grooves of the release fork lever (the lever that connects to the slave cylinder) because when i put in the elantra tranny, the tiburon release lever splines did not match up exactley like it did on the tiburon transmission. I orginally had a 2000 tiburon transmission, i blew that one at the track, and put in a 99 elantra trans. but i did not take the lever from the elantra... (i should have though) I had to slightly grind a bit from the lever so it would sit in the proper position on the release fork splines. I think it was a mere transmission case difference, but it could have been a complete design difference. maybe a pic is in order when i get her in the garage.