Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Left And Right Rear Calipers

Old 04-28-2007 | 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The calipers on my 2000 Tib have seen better days and are frozen. I looked on ebay and can't find any. If anyone knows where a good deal on rebuilt calipers is please let me know.
Old 05-02-2007 | 06:13 PM

I got my Cardone premium lifetime warranty rear calipers at Advance Auto Parts for $47.00 each. The Bendix premiums with a 2-year warranty was like $35.00 each. Both carried a $50.00 core charge...
I did not get the brackets which was an additional $15.00 per side, however brackets dont go bad. I suppose if you are going for looks and wanted them perfectly clean and don't have a media blaster handy it would be worth it.

I also got the FrictionMaster premium semi-metallic pads for $47.00 which included both right and left sides and premium Bendix rotors for $34.00 each.

Total cost of rear brake job $210.00 + tax. Not too bad. I wanted slotted and cross-drilled rotors, but I had a bad experience with the last set I had.

This was on the Silver RD2. I'll get the same set-up with the RotorPro's rotors on the Red RD2.

Whicle I was in there I decided to remove the dust shields as well. It'll help keep the rotors cooler and prevent fade, or at least post-pone it a couple laps.

I took a ton of pictures of the entire brake process if you want some. I am making a brake DIY guide for another local club I am affiliated with. I realize you know what your doing, however if you wanna see any of the above parts first hand, let me know.