Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Computer Tower

Old 01-05-2007 | 07:35 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Hello,

I am looking for a computer tower for a project I have. It does not need to be anything special. It basically for a media center for a TV. The things I do need it to have are:

S-Video Capabilities
Decent Sound Card
80gig or larger Hard-drive
512mb or greater RAM

Please let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-05-2007 | 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://highpcs.com/store/product_inf...products_id=47

Don't think I have anything in used but new is always available.
Old 01-05-2007 | 10:57 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ wow. excellent price. $550 for a media center mang! I'll look into that in a few months. I'm sick of my old computer. I've been using the dual monitor setup I built as a media center for almost 8 years now (since the K7 came out). It's got a 6 gig internal HD, 1 gig mem and a 2ghz processor.

Does that barebones use SDRam? I'm interested but i'd like to know more about it like included software/drivers, type and speed of ram, specs on hd.... that sort of thing.
Old 01-05-2007 | 11:02 AM

Don't buy a computer w/ XP on it right now, especially home edition. In a couple of months the same systems will be bundled with Vista for the same price.
Old 01-05-2007 | 11:50 AM

That copy of xp home comes with an upgrade coupon to vista, I'd suggest if this is to a true media center pc (recording and all that stuff) I'd get media center edition. tack on $50 for meda center 2005 also with an upgrade coupon to vista.

home should get you a copy of vista home basic. media center should get you a copy of vista home premium.

edit: dtn what barebones?

btw, I should be able to swap that to vista any day now. My distributor has been listing vista's eta as tomorrow for the last week so it should be anytime now.
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:28 PM
DTN

Sorry, it's not bare bones, it's got a dvd and cd.. It's just a budget computer. The one you posted a link to. Is media center vista out and will we get the coupon? havn't been able to keep up on computer stuff much lately.
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:36 PM

barebones is usually just case, ps, and mobo. Seen it differently though.

Anyways vista completely screws with the current xp os rating system.

look here to get the idea: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getr...ns/default.mspx

current in xp - rating in vista

home - home
media center - home premium
pro - business
everything together with a side of drive encryption - ultimate
Old 01-05-2007 | 04:18 PM
DTN

so can you give me specs on http://highpcs.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=47 ? I'm pretty excited. HD speed, type of memory used? I'm trying to figure out what i can use from my old system... so far I'd put in my ATI All-in-wonder, SBLive 5.1, DVD Burner, Network cards, and my old HD. I'd like to know if my SDram is swappable and can you give me specs or a model on the MOBO?

Also, can you beat $200 shipped on a Athalon 64 3200/generic heatsink with a generic motherboard with serial ATA, AGP/PCI slots and a 80 gig HD?