Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Clock

Old 09-22-2007 | 05:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Also have the problem when you can't change the hour on the lock because the button doesn't respond? If you know how to fix it share with me. Otherwise...

Anyone have a new one? sfr?
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:15 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Tear apart the dash, pull out the clock, tear it apart, clean behind the buttons. Use alcohol on the rubber part, use a pencil eraser on the circuit board part Make sure you put the right button in the right space. While you're at it, I could send you a blue clock lens for $10

It makes the clock brighter too. The stocker is redish brown. The light behind it is green. Blue actually lets more light through. Not too much though... It's just a little brighter.
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:24 PM

that sounds good dtn! is it that special military lens you were talking about because i know you also converted your clock to military time haha. i'm taking it apart right now. my package should arrive on tuesday so just stick it in the box with all the other good stuff. smile.gif

you might not happen to have red lens? saevil.gif
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:41 PM
DTN

*DOH* How many times will it take me to remember HKC = RED?

Yeah, I have some blue tinted ones already made. I can make a red lens for you easily enough.
Old 09-22-2007 | 08:40 PM

HA-HA! you forget i used to be blue, then i turned evil. sasmokin.gif
Red it is then!
Old 09-22-2007 | 09:04 PM
DTN

Wilco, When I receive the supplies at the DZ, I will add the photonic filter to the inventory, perform the requested service, fill out the appropriate packing list and SP it to your location. Out.
Old 09-23-2007 | 02:20 AM

Vehicle: car

...over? lol

I'm having the same damn problem HKC. I really hope the clock is not trashed and what DTN said will work. He is the lights and 'lectronix wiz though, so I will try this out tomorrow!

Thanks DTN! Also, what material do you use for the lenses? Can you use anything, or does it have to be special stuff?
Old 09-23-2007 | 06:49 AM
DTN

^^ If you're looking to DIY, for a one time project, you can use this standard issue Army Navy flashlight. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Military-Army-MX-9...3QQcmdZViewItem

*note: usually they only come with one red lens.

I do blue lenses out of a sheet of acryllic and some blue gel (a flat piece of plastic used by photographers to change colors)
Old 09-23-2007 | 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Unfortunately, cleaning it isn't for sure going to fix it. Mine has been tits up for some time, and I've taken it apart a dozen times now, with no effect. Just the hour pin doesn't work.
Old 09-23-2007 | 04:38 PM

so i'm not alone! yeah fron what i noticed it's pretty much very clean. after opening it up, i noticed in the corner of the glass there was somekind of leftover spill from something that overheated. i don't know if that's normal because the clock still works just without buttons. did you have that too?