Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Bbtb 65mm+

Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

the way spikie did it was the bolt holes that mate the IM to the TB on the ford are inwards more (almost exactly 45 degrees to the centre) so they had to be elongated, and then the actual IM hole had to be bored out (should be done anyways, Liz's Rside's throttle plate was significantly larger than the hole in the IM) so that the throttle plate can open.

The electronics side is easy if you know how to use a multimeter: We compared resistance values of two out of the three cables on both TB's and found the variance to be very minimal between them. We also did tests to ground, wired it up, took it for a boot, and the throttle response was quite noticeable. Spikie also portmatched the IM gasket while he had the IM off.

It's no surprise that these components are modifyably interchangeable: 30% of my car is Ford (that's stock) wink1.gif
Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

You guys need to start looking through some more threads on here. I don't remember what engine it came from as the junkyard just had all their engines laying around but I do know it's from a ford. I paid 20$ for it. You can buy them on ebay for about 150$. Theres a little bit of modding you have to do to make it work.

And red97tib, you would need a tib higher than 700whp in order to need a TB bigger than 70MM. You got enough power or have a way of doing it on a street car? tongue.gif

Anyhow, heres the link to my thread where I talk a little about my 70mm.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...anc's+turbo
Old 08-15-2008, 07:36 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Still looking for one of these..
Old 08-15-2008, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im working on a 70mm plug and play right now. Should have it in the next week or two