Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Auto To Manual Kit

Old 02-27-2007 | 08:18 PM

Okay so I have already rebuilt my auto transmission, about a year and half ago. And it's starting to happen again. I can just feel and hear the tranny going out. It started out with a winning noise, almost sounded like I had a supercharger on there. And then about two days after that second gear started skipping out and now i dont have a second gear.

So I'm going to say screw the automatic and do what I should have done the first time.

So if anyone is selling a complete auto to manual kit please let me know or if anyone knows where I can get one.

Thanks alot guys. Your help is appreciated...
Old 02-27-2007 | 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

As far as I know its all OEM parts.
Old 02-27-2007 | 09:45 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm sorry i cannot help you bu take what you will from my input. I had my trusted mechanic hold my tiburon for 3 months while he converted my automatic using a donor car he already had. rebuilding the automatic is a waste of time it's better to get a donor car and have someone do it unless you can do it yourself in a garage. be prepared to sacrifice a lot of time into it. it's not a difficult job if you know what you're getting yourself into.

my mechanic had a salvage donor 2001 tiburon parked next to mine while he transferred all of the parts. it pretty much included axles, tranny mounts, shifter assembly, cutting an extra hole for clutch, pedals, everything. it pretty much bolts right up to your engine. he also had to wire up the brake and reverse lights speaking of which i hope majik got his working. you also have to check the alternator voltage and change one of the pins on the computer for it not to charge so much into your battery.

you just have to order all of the parts that a manual has. look at loneshark's DIY for photos.

after the swap, it's harder than i thought to drive an automatic. first thing i noticed was the increased stability of the car, no power or rpm drops. $1500 total, was it worth it? hell yes.
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:02 PM

HKC, thanks i appreciate the information you gave me. I think I am going to go through with converting it to a manual.

I'm out hunting right now. So I am wondering exactly what years and models of Hyundai's will bolt up to a 97 tiburon.

I did search for something, but I never found anything related to which years and other models will work. Please let me know if you have any knowledge on this.

Thanks Guys! I appreciate it.

If you see any manuals that are wrecked let me know smile.gif
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Actually, I'm going to close this.

REFINE your searching methods, and look in the DIY forums. Search for...

Manual Swap

Swap (in the transmission forums...)

tranny swap

And you'll find full lists, price estimates, and parts for sale.

SEARCH, and search better.