Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Anyone Have The Turbo Tubing Needed For An Rd Turbo Set Up?

Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am starting on my little turbo project...I found a guy who work for Ricard Petty the Old Nascar Driver and he said he would P&P my head and intake manifold for free because it doesnt get to do much "Fun Work" anymore, and would bore mine for 90 bucks! So I am getting some Nos and turbo stuff togerther, and now I need some tubing for the turbo because i dont really want to buy a kit or have to bent and cut untill i get a good fit.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you will be hard pressed to find stuff already fitted perfect for a tib. go on ebay and look up "intercooler piping" and you will find kits of different lengths and bent pipe, along with couplers.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You haven't got any answers yet my man because this is a horrible thread.

I'm not picking on you, but please do some searching about the subject, and please, get the Google Toolbar and use the spell checker on it before you post.

All turbo setups are different, so no one here has a setup that will fit your requirements unless you have an identical kit to theirs, and they are selling.

You aren't buying NOS, you are buying Nitrous. NOS is a brand name for Nitrous Oxide Systems. They are a well known company and honestly, most of the folks here won't even reply to a thread if they see you refering to a Nitrous system as "Naaawwwwwwzzzz!!"

I don't understand either, the guy is going to bore your IM and head for free but charge 90 bucks???
Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 PM

Hey REDZ get off my back dude no one else seems to have a problem with just giving me some advise except you.

Alot of people and my self included just type NOS for (((NITROUS))) but I will stop just for you...

And he is going to P&P for free and bring the head back to the shop where he work and get bored 20 over for 90-100 dollars sorry it that went over your head...my fault again

Thanks Tibby01 for some real advice....
Old 04-20-2006, 09:26 PM

redz is right sorry
Old 04-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hey bro, I'm not on your back, though it may seem like it, you just posted the same way twice so yeah, I'll tell you twice.

I've been here long enough to be able to tell if someone will answer a thread or not. What I did is exactly what you wanted, I gave you advise, just a bit different than you were lookin for mang.

As for the 'NOS' thing, LMAO, doode, everyone gets on folks for that here. Do a search for NOS and see what the replies are. LOL I'm suprised Tibby01 didn't say anything, he must have been on a roll. Notice he didn't answer anything about "NOS"?

And it didn't go over my head, you just didn't explain it clearly. It's still not clear. He's going to P&P it for free, that's the head right? So what's he charging you 90-100 for? For boring out the IM? That's way easier than P&Ping the head, strange he'd charge you for one and not the other.

Drop the attitude. You want the info, type like you've had some typing lessons and learn the lingo. As Viper966 even agreed, folks will answer you in an intelligent manner with the REAL info you need if you post in a manner deserving such a response.

Next time you post a "Yo, I want some bad azz stuff in the trunk, who's got a system dat would b bezt for my wantz?" thread, I just won't post at all, and you'll see most others won't either.

QUOTE (Greatblackshark @ Apr 20 2006, 09:25 PM)
Hey REDZ get off my back dude no one else seems to have a problem with just giving me some advise except you.

Thanks Tibby01 for some real advice....

I did give you advise.

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Apr 20 2006, 06:41 PM)
All turbo setups are different, so no one here has a setup that will fit your requirements unless you have an identical kit to theirs, and they are selling.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

make sure he puts some welds on the intake from all that NAWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 04-21-2006, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its possible to make pipes for you, but it wouldnt be guarenteed to fit without the possibility of minor modifications

But this would only be possible if you went into detail about your set up, What turbo for starters, what manifold and how far from the bottom of the exhaust manifold ports it sits, whether the collector is in the center of the cylinders and if not how far over from the center it is, the size of your intercooler, the way you have it mounted and how far down the openings are from the mounting surface, also piping diameter would need to be expressed as well as whether or not you have a body kit and if so does it affect where i would want to route the pipes.

Not exactly easy, but if you gave me enough details it could be done.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:36 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Dood, every turbo setup is different. Worry about the piping last, you need to start off with the manifold, turbo, a bigger exhaust, intercooler, bov, and figure out how you're gonna tune it. the plumbing part won't come in until you have it all together so you can SEE what you need, and if you found a guy that can p&p your head for free i'm willing to bet he can weld too...fing02.gif
Old 04-21-2006, 11:15 AM

I can mod the pipes I just need something to work with i know everyones setup is going to be a little different.

He is doing the P&P for free because he has the tools to do it in his own shop, he will have to go to another shop to bore the cylinders out because he doesnt have the stuff to do it in his own shop, and for some reason he is going to have to charge me for time in the shop where he works.

The only thing I dont have is the turbo, intercooler, and bov...I have pretty much everything else except a little tubing that is a good size for my tib. Any suggestions?

Their is a place in Greensboro a bigger city here in NC and they charge 100 dollars an hour tune on the dyno, is that a pretty good price for tuning?

Okay REDZ I get what your saying, but could you PM me instead on bashing me in front of everyone, dont have to but I would appreciate it, and im sorry but being a dick.