Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

When Deer Attack

Old 01-30-2005, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When Deer Attack

Wellll the other night a large mobile chunk of living venison decided to charge into my tib, and I would like to know if anyone has available for sale a front drivers side fender and power driver side mirror, both in red? If so, could you give a price?
Old 01-30-2005, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dont have the parts but i do have sympathy, BTW put up pics so people will know exactly what you need, and so we can see the damage!!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 AM

How do I post the pictures of it?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:42 AM

well you need a place to host it and you copy the img location, that is the one with brackets with the letters IMG in it...use photobucket cuz its free and easy, they will make youmake an account but its free so who cares! any more q's about it and well walk you through it...html is confusing at first
Old 01-31-2005, 12:55 AM

the damage isn't too bad considering that an animal charged into my car, but still...

this is actually on the rear fender over the wheel

Kind of a bad picture, but basically the part that is really bright is the dent front where the deer initially hit.

and that's the mirror.

All in all not too bad, but I still want to fix it all.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:37 AM

You may not have to buy a new fender...maybe a good body shop can pull out those bumps for you.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:18 AM

see now if you woulda replaced your fenders you woulda wasted money, looks like all yo need now is mirrors, correct? good time to get aftermarket if you were ever gonna do it, BTW is your windshield cracked or is it just ice...cant tell
Old 01-31-2005, 11:05 AM

^The aftermarket mirror thought was probably the first thing that came to my mind too when I realized I was gonna have to replace it regardless. And no, the windshield didn't crack because I was lucky enough that I saw the deer, have excellant brand new tires and was at a complete stop when the deer literally ran into my car so it didn't roll up and over or anything. Just a filthy mess from living in the Poconos and driving on salt infested roadways haha. As for the repair of the fenders, I was only thinking replacement if it'd be more than my insurance deductable to get the repairs done so that I wouldn't have my rates go up again...(speeding ticket already kicked my a$$). But while on the subject now, what available aftermarket power mirrors are available for the RD2's?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

From what I see in your first pic, you don't need a new fender, lucky you saw the deer (actually probably more awarness than luck...) but anyway, I had a mysterious dent in my fender one day after work (figured it was a cart or something...). it was a little smaller than my fist and was right where the fender curves over the top to connect with the hood, well I just popped it out myself...my friend had one of those "as seen on TV" dent king's and we used that, just screwed it on and it popped out, looks fine as of now...Paint chipped a tiny bit but it already was (and is all over my hood) but a paint job is in my tib's future anyway. A body shop can/should be able to pop that out for you with no paint damage...

Here's one place for mirrors, there's plenty more and of course ebay:
scroll down to find M3 mirrors for 00-01 tiburon
http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com/shop/cat.php?c=3

EDIT:
Is that a Diablo II avatar, I used to be addicted to that game for like 3 weeks straight...and your sig is fvckin gross
Old 01-31-2005, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

hey the dent doesnt look that bad. really you might not need to even have a fancy as seen on t.v. tool if the dent has no sharp creases ( judging f/ pic it doesnt.) all you need is some water and a toilet plunger should do the trick. it is a trick i used to use working in a bodyshop