Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wanted Help To Get 6 Rib Pulleys Made For Tib Beta 1

Old 03-12-2010 | 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

Hi guys

I have been out of the forums for a while because the tib was parked up for a while due to pulley problems. I need some help to get the motor back on the road. I emailed NGM to help me but they just don't seem to want to sell the 6 rib pulley setup on it's own so I need someone to help me get them made from a machine shop or something.

I need all the pulleys made to 6 rib:

7.5" crank pulley 6 rib
Same size alternator pulley but 6 rib
Water pulley same size but 6 rib - I need some alterations to make it sit better, recessed further from the back so that it sits closer to the engine.
2.8" supercharger pulley 6 rib

If possible I would like to make some better idler pulleys to mimc the setup of the NGM Enforcer but I don't have anything because im here in the UK

Can anyone help?

Let me know and I will send some better details.
Old 03-12-2010 | 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Your local machine shop should be able to make you one in <1day - if you want to pay for it.
Old 03-13-2010 | 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

We don't have machine shops in the UK like you guys do over there. I already spent £340 trying to get a machine shop in the UK to do it and they messed up and then refused to give my money back because I didn't provide them with a diagram? WTF!! Anyhow this is why I am looking for someone in the states to do this for me. I would be willing to pay for the time it takes to do the pulleys.
Old 03-13-2010 | 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Oh. Can you get a diagram made up? Machinists can be expected to badly misinterpret a verbal communication or a hand sketch, according to Murphy's law. A proper measured drawing (CAD would be even better) is the bare minimum you would need, whether your machinist is here or there.
Old 03-13-2010 | 02:07 PM

Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution

Bal, it may be worth speaking to Kent Cams, they do alot of pulleys and cams and will be more than willing to fabricate something from new for you, the guys also know what theyre talking about too so its not just giving them to a GCSE student to wreck