Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Vader or Veilside

Old 05-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (welshbaritone)
Cheers for all the info you guys! Majik, your Tib rocks! The thing I like about the Veilside is the front bumper and side pods (the rear bumper I'm not so sure of).

Further to my closing question......are there any specification differences between the USA Tib's and the European (ie dimensions etc)? There's not a lot of market for things like air filters in the UK for the Coupe, but it appears that big name brnads like Greddy and HKS have stuff available for the same car in the USA. Is the engine mapping different?

No differences that I know of. They all seem to be the same.

I don't think GReddy makes anything for us.. that's the 03/04 I believe.
HKS, pretty much the same thing. Haven't heard many good things about them from Hyundai owners.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

body shape is the same,
US tibs run MAF/ euro are MAP bassed,

then theres the lefthand/righthand drive etc.
headlights - US spec have plastic fantastic.
ecu's are different US have OBd or something like that.
thats all i can think of at the mo...

good luck with sourcing a kit. be sure to post some pics....
Old 05-17-2004, 03:28 PM

Is the first kit on this site another Veilside Knock off (the VS-ONE)?

http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au.../rd%20coupe.htm
Old 05-17-2004, 03:31 PM

[quote="alz99"]body shape is the same,
US tibs run MAF/ euro are MAP bassed,

MAF/MAP??? Help, lol!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:43 PM

Ok, but going back to the Vader kit on Extreme Dimensions site.....what about the Vader2 Hood and Z3 grills.......anyone know of problems fitting these onto the car? I've more or less given up on the veilside option of a kit and looking at Voiddweller's bulk buy option on the Zekon kit, but would love the bonnet vent and griils (maybe even the flares as well)
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM

a lot of the first gen kits are nice...but of course im one of the very very few (summer and i...i think) who has taken a real veilside and modded it to fit a first gen, and even still our front ends are different because the person who did mine kinda customized it a little bit...should get it back within the week from gettin painted but heres a link to all the pictures.

and looking from your last post...i dont know about the vader2 hood but the z3 gills im pretty sure you have to mold into your fender, unless you get the whole panel replaced which i dont see why you would do...so the gills are pretty much up to how good you or your body shop can fit them in...hope it helps!

link

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Xy...1999%20Tiburon/
Old 05-18-2004, 03:50 AM

WOW, looking good so far. Bet you can't wait to see the finished article. From the pics though, the front does look a bit rough round the edges - are those going to be smoothed out? What are your plans gonna be for the gap that it appears there will be between the hood and the kit?

Let me know when you have the finished article....I might just have to hold on and see how it looks and have a modded veilside kit on a UK Tib!

Incidentally, what was the process of making it fit your first gen?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:50 AM

Carbon Creations just released its "vader" kit, may want to check them out I know that they make a lot of IS300 kits so may want to check them out smile.gif
Old 05-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

SPIKE! Don't promote fake Veilsides! BAH!

As for the hood..... unfortunately there seem to be issues with all aftermarket hoods for our cars :-/ they never seem to fit right
Old 05-18-2004, 07:26 AM

everything is to be smoothed out (already happened...just no pics of it)

im not too sure what im going to do about that hole, but its not as big as it looks so ill see what i wanna do whenever its done getting painted.

the process...to say the least sucked. it took weeks of off and on designing and modification to get it to fit, and then hours of perfection. if anything though, the parts that were custom are now stronger than the original fiberglass (much thicker). the back wasnt nearly as bad, but still a pain to do. its gonna be done before saturday!