Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Vader or Veilside

Old 05-03-2004, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE

I'm looking at buying a kit for my 98 Coupe and have come across this Vader2 9pc kit for the 97-99 car. Now recently I've seen a lot of people saying there are problems with getting the Vader kit to fit :roll: Typical as it appears the kit comes in white (which is my car colour and would therefore save me a bit on respraying it for the time being)

But the thing is, I've browsed for the Veilside kit and it just doesn't seem to be available for my year of car anymore, so to get the Veilside look, I'd have to go Vader.

Soooo, before I go and commit myself to anything, I'm after a bit of advice and info on how much work would be needed on the Vader Kit (and I apologise if you've answered this already...this is my first post!).

Also, is there much difference between the specifications of the USA Coupe and the European version (ie length, width...modding capabilities)

Many thanks in advance

Arfon
Old 05-03-2004, 06:28 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Welcome to the site! It's good to see another first gener here. To answer part of your question, the Veilside kits are not available for the first generation Tiburons. The Vader2 is a modified Veilside kit. You will not get the quality of Veilside because it is made by a different company. Many of the "Vader" kits have issues with fitment and such. I am sure you will get some more replies soon. Have you considered going with another kit that was designed for first gens?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, the Vader kit is just a BAD Vielside Knockoff.

Sorry man.

Trust me, even if you did get it in white, you would want to paint it ASAP.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I would highly recommend getting a different body kit for your generation Tiburon.

I have had several people come to me after buying Vader, Agressor, Invader, and VS body kits. They are all COPIES of the original Veilside kits. They sell for so much cheaper because they are cheaply made. The body kits, from talking to several people, are usually too long on one side (somehow they get one sideskirt correct but the other is way off). The rear bumper usually has gaps around the taillights, and the front bumpers are usually too wide to fit on the fenders, or have a large gap between the bumper and the headlights.

Trust me, if you get the "Vader" body kit, you will spend a lot of money in making the kit fit on your car. Several people see my car (http://cardomain.com/id/majiktib) and get the Vader body kit, thinking it's the same thing. I used to get at least 3 e-mails per week asking why their body kit doesn't fit and what I did to make mine work. I own the authentic Veilside body kit, and it fit perfectly. I installed it myself in 8 hours (including 5 hours of taking off the factory bumpers, and a few short breaks for food). When taking your rear bumper off, be careful. Mine had tons of pop-rivets holding it on... those were a PAIN trying to take off while keeping the bumper in good condition.

So, to summarize, DO NOT BUY THE VADER BODY KITS. Try finding a different style body kit on http://www.importshark.com
And welcome to the site wink.gif
Old 05-03-2004, 12:41 PM

i just wanted to say i bought a vador kit off importfan.com..and i had very lil problems with it(only light problem with sideskirts..easily fixed) and the fiberglass was THICK..now my friend bought a blitz kit from zekon..and had TONS of problems..and the fiberglass was VERY thin and flimsy..the kit cracked puting on the car..the shop spent so much time just trying to get the thing to fit..if you don't believe me i can get him to post on how much better my vador kit fit..and how much Thicker the fiberglass was.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think it's too big of an issue to trust Vader or any of these other companies that sell the kits on EBay or JFRacing's website, or even VIS. I wouldn't put any trust in them, you don't know what you're going to get. They probably all come from the same distributor anyways :-/
Old 05-03-2004, 02:20 PM

Yeah, there is only one true Veilside first gen that I know of and it was taken from a second gen kit and modified and molded to fit the first gen. From what I heard it isn't really that hard to do.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:24 PM

besides who would want a knock-off VS i wouldnt want to own one, there is no way around the Price of a veilside , "if its to good to be true it probably is"
Old 05-03-2004, 02:28 PM

The fitment was an issue on mine, but I really have to say that it has been on tough kit. I have hit the front soooooo many times and I've scraped the side on some curbs, but really it has held up well. I don't think I could ever enter a show because, to the trained eye, you can indeed tell it from the real thing, but if you just want it for yourself and it dosen't bother you that it is not the real deal, then I would have to say it really isn't that bad. Personally I wish I would have waited and done more looking before getting mine, but I am impressed with how well it has held up after hearing all the negative stuff about them. I can't comment on all the rip-offs, but mine was a JFRacing one.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:23 AM

Cheers for all the info you guys! Majik, your Tib rocks! The thing I like about the Veilside is the front bumper and side pods (the rear bumper I'm not so sure of).

Its a shame that Veilside don't do the 97-99 Tib version of the kit, cus that's the one I'd very much like. I've taken a look at the other kits available on places like Import shark and they just don't do it to me! Either one component is good and the rest isn't etc etc. Maybe if I beg and beg Veilside....what do you reckon?!

One day I had a think of the problems I'd encounter on the road with a body kit....I wouldn't be able to park in the normal parking area at work, plus there might be some scrapes getting into my street as it is downhill! There are speed humps on the road outside the cinema I work at in the evenings and if I were to find myself down a single track road, some of these have grass growing in the centre of the road! So I guess I'd need a very strong kit.

I really don't like the F2 Evo kit...the front bumper is not that different from what's on the car already and there's just no difference in the sides or shape of the rear. Hyundai didn't go wild on that one it seems.

Further to my closing question......are there any specification differences between the USA Tib's and the European (ie dimensions etc)? There's not a lot of market for things like air filters in the UK for the Coupe, but it appears that big name brnads like Greddy and HKS have stuff available for the same car in the USA. Is the engine mapping different?