Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Thieves Took My Hvac Control Knobs, Shifter Knob, And Owners Manual.

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:19 AM

As the title states I am looking for all (3) knobs for the heater-vent-A/C controls, a shifter knob and an owners maual booklet with leather case .

I had a new windshield installed and they told me to leave my windows cracked open. I left them down about 1/2 inch and apparently some got there little grubby paws in there and opened the door. I staged a reinactment and was surprised at how easy these windows pulled away from the car, damn frameless design. Anyways they only stole the (3) HVAC knobs, the shifter knob, and everything in the glovebox (paperwork, and owners manual...).

I am certain it is someone that knew the car was mine as they were dumb enough (thank GOD!) to steal those useless/worthless items and left some brand new parts still unopened in the back seat (MSD 8.5 super conductor wires, NGK IX Iridium plugs, lightweight flywheel, stage-II clutch, CD player...). I was a bit worried they opened the hood and dumped something in my engine, but that (so far) doesn't seem to be the case. They also left all my muscle cars and hot rods untouched (again thankfully).
Old 10-14-2007 | 08:24 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

man i'm sorry to hear that. are you going to equip the cars with alarms now?? at least you didnt lose the parts and they only got some junkyard special stuff.
Old 10-14-2007 | 08:50 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My car came with an alarm which only worked if the doors were opened. It still left my car vulnerable to broken windows and theft if i leave the windows down. I installed an extra $20 sensor which triggers the alarm. It's a proximity sensor. One of those "step away from the vehicle" ones.. I disabled the warning. It just goes off if you come within 1" of my windows. You should look at getting one of those. It's possible for thieves to make no vibration or open doors. But a proximity sensor and door triggers makes it pretty hard to get into a vehicle.
Old 10-14-2007 | 10:18 AM

I'm 90% sure I have extra knobs in my garage. I'll go out there and check this afternoon.
Old 10-14-2007 | 10:22 AM

I am not putting alarms on my cars as in my opinion by the time the alarm goes off the crook already has the window busted and can rip out the CD player in 20 seconds before anyone would notice them. Even if the best alarm were installed on all of my cars, our shop is located where nobody would hear it and even if someone did the odds of a good samaritan checking out the situation this day in age is one and a million.
We do not have any crime around here which makes me think it was probably some run of the mill Honda/Acura import lover. They tend to be offended that everyone likes my $405.00 Tibby better then their cars.

We are putting up two more garages (one yet this fall, and one in the spring) Then we should have most of the cars inside anyways. Of course the Tibbys still might not have a stall ... lol

I doubt it was the Chevy or Ford flag wavers as the morons did not screw with any of the older cars.

Thanks TibbyChick!!!
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i got my stock shift knob $10 shipped. i got my climate control knobs to but i haven't got the gk middle dial on yet.
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I have RD2 knobs too for the heater controls, if those guys fall through. It is an RD2, right?
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:46 PM

It is an RD2.

If I get them reasonable enough then I'll still get them, however someone told me they were like $35.00 new?
Old 10-18-2007 | 06:26 PM

Yeah I got 3 of them from kspec awhile back. Right now, I only have 1 RD2 knob for you, its the smallest of the 3.

As for an owners manual, try ebay.
Old 10-18-2007 | 07:01 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (daniel_depetro @ Oct 14 2007, 12:22 PM)
I am not putting alarms on my cars as in my opinion by the time the alarm goes off the crook already has the window busted and can rip out the CD player in 20 seconds before anyone would notice them. Even if the best alarm were installed on all of my cars, our shop is located where nobody would hear it and even if someone did the odds of a good samaritan checking out the situation this day in age is one and a million.
We do not have any crime around here which makes me think it was probably some run of the mill Honda/Acura import lover. They tend to be offended that everyone likes my $405.00 Tibby better then their cars.

We are putting up two more garages (one yet this fall, and one in the spring) Then we should have most of the cars inside anyways. Of course the Tibbys still might not have a stall ... lol

I doubt it was the Chevy or Ford flag wavers as the morons did not screw with any of the older cars.

Thanks TibbyChick!!!

An alarm is not for other people. It's for the theif. The last thing a thief wants is to be noticed. An alarm is effective because it draws attention. Even if noone is around, the thief won't stick around long after the alarm goes off.

Seriously, it's a $60 thing that would keep stuff like this from happening.