Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Performance - Turbo, NX

Old 01-06-2005 | 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default wheel bearings

I am looking for turbo parts and a NX wet kit for my 2000 tib. I also need a list of all the parts needed to do a turbo because Ive heard many times that it is cheaper if you do it all seperate rather than buying a full kit. Anything you can do to help would be great. I also dont have a lot of cash to spare so if anyone has something or knows where I can get a deal, let me know. Thanks
Old 01-06-2005 | 05:37 PM

Default Re: 2 questions

I don't have any for sale, but heres the majority of what your going to need for a turbo, and a general price. It also depends on the power goals. I'll guess and say about 200WHP or so @ about 8PSI since your not talking about engine internals or anything.

Personally, I don't think you should be turbocharging cars if you don't know what parts your going to need. Turbos = something you don't monkey around with if you don't know what your doing... but oh well...

Turbocharger (type is up to you, $400-$1000)
I wouldn't buy used. They usually won't last long or they are going to have to be rebuilt, making it same as buying a new one. For Tibbies, a T3/T04E is a great turbo, high spool, good power. Tim has them for $525.00 I thnk.

Intercooler
Tim has mid-sized ones at 325.00 I think, and plumbing (Intercooling and Intake) for 175.00. The plumbing is a pretty good deal, and so is the intercooler. In fact, I'd recommend getting most of the parts from him.

Exhaust Manifold
Since your strapped for cash, a manifold with a flange for your turbo in mild steel, log style from Tim is 275.00.

Blow-off Valve
Lots of options... GReddy, HKS, etc. Also the 1G DSM ones sound pretty sweet and they are cheap. I wouldn't pay more than 125.00 for one.

Turbo Timer
I prefer GReddy... just me. About $120.00.

Oil Feed and Return Lines
Most turbos use oil cooling and lubrication of course. About 100.00 bucks for the lines in braided stainless steel.

Piggyback
Your going to need one... no getting around it. SAFC-II from Apexi is ownage. They are about 250.00 on the internet.

Injectors
I would go larger injectors so you don't max out and wear down the poor things. For 200whp, 340cc should do fine. about 240.00. Also, I believe 2.4L Sonata injectors work for Tibs, and they are 290cc? I don't know much on that. 340cc injectors are about 240.00.

Those are the major things. Your going to need down piping, charge piping, probably a FMU and larger fuel pump, air filter, and a crap load of T-bolts and silicone coupling to hold all the stuff down.

If you went all used and got lucky, probably about 1200.00 for your own turbo kit. New, you probably will pay just as much as a kit.

Tim @ speed-factor.com's Basic kit should be relatively easy... I personally would buy that rather than you, who knows nothing about turbos, trying to piece one together. You'll probably f0x0r up somewhere and end up paying more than for a kit.
Old 01-06-2005 | 06:04 PM

Default Re: wheel bearings

If you wanna run both a turbo and nitrous your gonna need to spend some good money on biulding a good short block first, new pistons, rods and a good machine shop to fully blueprint and balance the assembly.

For a turbo your best bet would be the speedfactor extreme kit, it comes with everything you need plus it's all brand new parts, not junkyard crap and it can be fully installed in a few days, you may want to buy a few extras such as a boost controller and turbo timer to go along with it.

For the NX kit you should not waste your time unless you biult the motor to handle the nitrous and turbo combined, you would be better off buying a new kit since it seems most used kits come with missing parts and stripped nozzles and to get it going it will most likely cost as much as new in the end anyway.
Old 01-06-2005 | 06:12 PM

Default Re: wheel bearings

Might be better to run it (Nitrous) through to the intercooler anyway. I wouild pick one or the other. You want crazy power every day, go turbo. You want some power for the occasional Civic, basic n/a parts and a NX wet kit 75 shot is more than enough for 95% of imports on the road. 210 to the wheels in a 2600 pound car is more than enough to annihalate any stock or slightly modified 4 cylinder from a roll.
Old 01-07-2005 | 07:39 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Tib Tranny vs. Elantra Tranny??!?1

Hamhead if you do the math you have basically just steered this guy wrong. Man if you want a kit get one from Speed-Factor. The basic one comes with everything you need to run really low boost, and the extreme kit comes with everything you need to run medium to high boost (8-12psi) if tuned correctly. Most of the stuff you can get off of ebay, but 75% of it will be used.

Tim (aka Speed-Factor if you want to pm him) packaged his kits up nice for us. Go to www.speed-factor.com or check out his new site/forum at www.turbohyundais.com
Old 01-07-2005 | 07:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: *Exhaust Listings*

I've got an NX EFI kit for sale. Comes with purge and bottle gauge.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...iewtopic&t=1628

Make an offer!