Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Performance Chip

Old 04-03-2005 | 08:50 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a performance chip that will significantly increase the horsepower? I know that DiabloSports makes one but I cannot seem to find it. I have heard of Superchips as well but I dont know how reliable they are..
Old 04-03-2005 | 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

QUOTE (2kShark @ Apr 4 2005, 02:50 AM)
Does anyone know where I can find a performance chip that will significantly increase the horsepower? I know that DiabloSports makes one but I cannot seem to find it. I have heard of Superchips as well but I dont know how reliable they are..

Concidering you are new, and most definetly everyone is going to laugh at this post but I will warn you now, DO NOT BUY A "PERFORMANCE CHIP" that says it will increase hp by +20. There's no such thing for our cars. Check ebay and buy one for 10$. Install it, and let me know if helped.

If you want real performance, tubro or N/A. Even a FMU you can tune. There is also another option, reprogramming ECU but that is not yet introduced, people are working on it last time I checked.

I'll let others have a go on this.
Old 04-03-2005 | 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

the "chips" off ebay are little resistors that do absolutely nothing. (well they do stuff, but nothing that helps performance really) there is someone on here that has chipped there ecu somehow and got decent gains if i remember right.

EDIT: I just searched and if you look in this thread: http://www.rdtiburon.com/portal/inde...showtopic=6663

you'll see that in the second post viper states "Mine was 123 WHP stock, after chiptuning 137.9 WHP "

not bad gains. dont really know what he did tho, Id PM him or wait for a response