Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

looking for rd2 interior stuff

Old 07-29-2010 | 09:59 AM

Default looking for rd2 interior stuff

hello

i'm almost finished with bringing the exterior of my 2000 project tib back to stock (owner before me really really messed it up, it was terrible) and i want to start on the interior now. i'm looking for any of these items:

seats (aftermarket or stock, if stock i'd REALLY like some leather ones), front and back
all rd2 switches for the dash, minus the ac switches
ac knobs
dash
center console
door panels
lower door pieces? not sure what you call them they are usually black and visible only with the door open
carpet, front and back (old carpet had ants living in it, and yes, i'm being serious.)
floor mats (i'd really like the canadian ones if anyone here would sell them)
kick panels
cheep radio
under hatch trim
Old 08-01-2010 | 06:17 AM

sooo..... i guess there's nobody on here that has any of the stuff i need?
Old 08-01-2010 | 07:02 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Have you considered going to a junk yard? I remember seeing 2 RD2s in a junk yard in Wichita Falls. The problem is that you are asking for nearly an entire car's worth of interior parts. Not saying that people won't have some of it, but you really should check in the local area before asking for shipping across country.

Out of curiosity, got any before pix?
Old 08-01-2010 | 07:08 AM

i have before and during pics smile.gif hang on i made a thread, i'll go update that one with current pics.

but yes i have gone, they really only have stuff for rd1's up here (my rd1 is complete on the interior...) and all of them have really really messed up carpets in them (figures since it's been sitting in a junk yard).i CAN use the dash and door panel inserts but the guy before me painted them with house paint or at least painted it in a way where it has that texture, and as much as i sand i can't get it to go away.... as for the switches most of them either were broken or have overspray on them or the likes.... and that just looks ba.d

here's the link to it-

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/in...mp;#entry598755
Old 08-01-2010 | 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I think I still have my OEM single-din am/fm/cassette head unit, with <1yr use on it
Old 08-02-2010 | 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Stocker @ Aug 1 2010, 04:55 PM)
I think I still have my OEM single-din am/fm/cassette head unit, with <1yr use on it

hm what's it look like? i dont' really have plans to have a stereo in the 2000, but it might go with the 97
Old 08-02-2010 | 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'll try to remember to snap a pic tonight. It looks like a stock radio! laugh.gif
Old 08-03-2010 | 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

I had forgotten just how quickly I upgraded the stock system. . . I stowed this in the original box my current head unit came in. The invoice says July 2000, and we got the car in (think) December 99. I haven't tested it since then. Happy surprise time: I kept the trim and the mounting bracket and screws!

The only one that sold on eBay in the last 3 months: $25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...category=169337

What do you think of that price? Shoot me a PM.
Old 08-05-2010 | 02:50 AM

stocker that thing is amazing looking! i am not sure about the price... it's what you want me to give you. and if you want to meet somewhere (i have no idea where pfuegerville is though) we could maybe save on shipping.... i'm in arlington right now, but drive to temple/austin every few weeks.
Old 08-05-2010 | 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

I hope it looks nice the thing was practically new when I pulled it laugh.gif Seeing neither of us is in a huge rush to make a move, how about you drop me a PM when you are going to be around and we can trade some cash for a radio? If you bring the car that needs it, we could even hook it up and make sure it works still wink.gif