Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Looking For Front Speaker Covers

Old 09-21-2008 | 06:36 PM

I put some 3 way speakers in a little while ago and the tweeters stuck out a bit too far, such that they wouldn't quite fit under the front speaker covers when I put the door panels back on. So I just cut some holes in the cover, and put some mesh over it and outlined it with some foam weather stripping. Anyway, this is an ok solution but it didn't quite turn out like I had hoped.

I might just cover the entire covers with some grille cloth but if someone has some good condition front speakers covers (and is willing to sell them without the entire door panel, since I don't need those) I would like to just try spacing the cover out from the door panel a bit more.
Old 09-21-2008 | 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

No idea if these will help, but I have the grilles from some Phoenix Gold 6.5" speakers:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com.item_7294_P...d+RSd+65cs.h tml

It's the six-spoke thingy over the speaker in the middle. If it helps, I can send them to you for shipping.
Old 09-21-2008 | 08:30 PM

Well, my speakers came with some nice looking grilles but they don't fit in the holes in the door panels. However, the bigger problem is that the stock covers are more than just grilles and cover the rest of the oval shaped hole in the door panel, which aftermarket grilles do not. 02.gif I suppose these issues could be overcome but if someone has any stock covers lying around, I'd rather take the easy road