Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Lambo Hinges

Old 01-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i need a few pictures on just the lambo hinges, that arent installed if anyone has some i want to take a look at them, cause my dad is curious to see what they look like
Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned

not really anywhere close to a place to put this topic.. lmao.gif lmao.gif

google it, you will find what you need.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:51 PM

haha could have been worse, but i was looking for some that are specifically for tiburons, unless they are universal
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

They aren't really going to be that different, it's just going to come down to dimensions. I have a decent pic, pm me your email and I can send it to you. Like SOCKS said, this shouldn't be here. Unless you intend to pay someone for this picture in which case, dibs.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM

I'm sure this will be moved, so I'm going to post here anyway.

Lambo hinges are really cool, HOWEVER, being one of those guys who always did the thing that looked cool before getting any input....if I could do anything differently about the car, I probably would have skipped the lambos.

They look cool, draw a lot of attention (can be good or bad attention), and make you feel like a pimp when you open the door and people get the WTF?!?! look on their face.

Now the bad....They're a pain in the ass some times...If you're putting them on a daily driver, you won't want to drive it on a daily basis, it becomes a pain in the ass having to make sure your door doesn't hit your fender when it opens, not to mention the fact that your fender is 10x more likely to flex out of shape now. If you live in a cold climate....DO NOT expect to be able to open your door in the winter. After 2 summers of use, then the temp drops below 15 celsius, my door won't stay up. I have to replace the shock. If the shock lets go when the door is up....its going to come crashing down. Home made hinges, if not made of strong enough material will warp, if not tear apart when this happens.

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, shape, or form. Its just that once you go through with it, its like being on some kind of narcotic. You know its not worth it, its a pain in the ass sometimes, but when you're using it, it just feels too good to turn back.

My advice, is this. If you're planning on doing Lambos, but a kit that is MADE for the Tib. Don't try and make them for the sake of $1000. Spend the money on the right kit thats guaranteed to fit right, that comes with a warranty incase it breaks. If you really want to save the cash, try the install yourself. That will save you some money. Its like anything when it comes to modifying a car. Cutting corners and cheaping out on parts will always come back to bite you in the ass. Believe me dude, I know what its like to have your dad there every step of the way, whenever you try to do something with the car. Its nice having him around when you need a hand...but sometimes they can be a little too critical.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM

wow thanks a lot RiX, ive never been really all that big on lambo doors, my dad was just convinced he would make some so i was looking for a picture, but after reading what you said its really not even worth it lol. Thanks RiX
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok well im gonna put my .02 in, i believe that vertical doors has come out with a kit that allows you to open your door the normal way like 3/4 the stock distance but also allow you to use the lambo hinges, so you could look into their design and still have the horizontal distance, and lambo style hinge
Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If your door hits your fender, you need to install a mechanical stop on the "open" side of the mechanism. +1 on spending the money for someone else to do the research on a daily driver, too.

That said, I think vertical-opening doors are an answer in search of a question, unless you park too close to other cars in a parking lot.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 AM

QUOTE (yellowlightning @ Jan 12 2009, 08:10 PM)
ok well im gonna put my .02 in, i believe that vertical doors has come out with a kit that allows you to open your door the normal way like 3/4 the stock distance but also allow you to use the lambo hinges, so you could look into their design and still have the horizontal distance, and lambo style hinge

I have the Vertical Doors Inc. Kit. It does open normally, but only about 20 degrees. So, for me, as a larger person, the only way I can squeeze my ass into the car without lifting the door, is to drop the window....

Skinny people shouldn't have a problem....
Old 01-13-2009, 10:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ lol

but how old is your kit? I was looking at the end of 07/beginning of 08 at veticals kits and i believe that is when they came out with their newer style hinge, but i havent checked back for a long time to see if they still have it as the lambo door stage has kind of passed me