Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

I Need The Non Captive Setup!

Old 01-04-2006 | 07:45 PM

Ok...its either i try finding some rims that are setup for captive rotors...or i do the swap..

So ill just try searching for both...until i find a solution

But does anybody have the whole setup for a reasonable price?
Old 01-04-2006 | 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Go to a junkyard, get the front wheel hub assemblies off of a '99+ Tiburon/Elantra & bolt them on... It's that easy fing02.gif
Old 01-05-2006 | 09:44 PM

so what all parts come w/ the hub assembly?

I called this junkyard, and asked for the front hub assemblies, and the dumb*ss proceded to tell me that there is no difference between a 98 tiburon and 99 tiburon hub assemblies, and i told him that the 98 has a captive setup, and the 99 has a non captive setup, and the idiot proceded to argue with me and say that i didnt know what i was talking about, and that he had never heard of captive and non captive....

yep, so that p*ssed me off
Old 01-05-2006 | 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Yes, if you get the entire wheels hub assembly, everything you need is on them. They generally give them to you with the calipers too so you can keep them as spares.

Just ask the guy if the hubs have four great big bolts on them (one in between each wheel stud) or just two small screws. Ask for '99+ Elantra hubs too as some places don't realise they are the same.

Make sure they don't try to rape you on price too... Not sure about US prices but I got mine for $50AUD a side (i.e.: $100AUD total).