Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

I Need A/c Piping

Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Here's some good general advice from my experience/training for those reading this.
Never service A/C without properly evacuating the system. The system should be vacuumed down to absolute vacuum before you proceed with charging the system. Both of these procedures require special tools or at least $25 in disposal fees at your nearest shop, if you're cool with the guy. Never overfill the A/C system, it will make the a/c work worse, same with under-filling.

A Hyundai Master Tech told me this tidbit. If the dryer/receiver canister sits for 2-3 days with no pressure after being charged, then it should be replaced. I would have replaced it after just cracking it open if he had not said something and the fuxors cost $250.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Stocker, thanks a lot. I got your paypal so I'll send payment in the morning. It's really awesome that you came through so quickly!

DTN- those are great tips man. I think anyone ever planning on attacking an A/C problem needs to know that information.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I know what it's like being w/o air in the (hot/humid/hot/humid/hot) south and I can sympathize. That's something to wish on an enemy!

There's also this to consider...

When the paypal clears I'll send it . . . but I need an address! PM or email nospamonly/yahoo/com