Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Help Me Get A Remus Europe!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 2 2009, 02:42 AM)
you can do that? i suppose. i should give it a try next time. on the oustide?

Yeah, up around the entire area. Everything within line of sight from the muffler. For my car that was pretty much, bottom of the trunk, the side of the spare tire well, back of the bumper, the side of the plastic gas tank cover, and the rear quarterpanel. One can does it. 2 cans does it better.

I sprayed around the muffler because the stuff was expensive and I didn't know if the heat from the muffler would just burn it off.

RED ZMAN: How does replacing a muffler with a supposedly badass and expensive one make him a ricer?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think he was talking about if you put this on (an axle back) but still run stock exhaust till the axle.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

i was thinking a while ago to put a twin exit muffler on my rd1, cause i think it would look pretty much oem and it prolly sound nice. Remus was on my choice of mufflers but they're damn to expensive! one that i had in mind was magnaflow, good brand and not that bad on price.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ May 2 2009, 12:46 AM)
While they are beautiful, I was always told it's just another "REAR" section, like the HKS exhaust section.

What does this mean?

It means you are a ricer, and are running a stock exhaust with a fancy muffler.

Also, not cheap at ALL.

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Remus_Exhaust_...us_specials.htm
^^^
Hyundai Coupe 1999>2002 Rear Muffler 286099 0570F $350.00

Yup, just a rear muffler.

http://www.nulime.com/Hyundai-Tiburon-Coup...-Back-9/p118245

Check out the pic there. That's a LOT to pay for a m uffler.

hey, the hks was worth the money, had a mean tone and looked stock. yeah, you pay for the name but quality is always there.

QUOTE (Bommello @ May 2 2009, 10:43 AM)
I think he was talking about if you put this on (an axle back) but still run stock exhaust till the axle.

what i did was get a K.O.R.E cat back and use the mid pipe and just get yourself your own axle back.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:54 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

right on bomello. i also think the stock hyundai ones are factory replacements though.

Tell me what you need and I'll see if I can help you ;-)

long as you keep your eyes peeled, or come across one in back of a magazine that increases the chances! but no sweat i'm lurking around ebay.

one that i had in mind was magnaflow, good brand and not that bad on price.

that's the one i had. the dual tip magnaflow. it's the best choice, best quality, nice, straight through and polished stainless steel, not too loud, but i need something quieter. now that my catback is silenced, i've realized how much more pleasant it is quiet, but it feels weird now. sure if i were boosted then i'd want it to sound nice but unfortunately boosting is not an option 02.gif

Old 05-13-2009, 01:27 PM

I can help you if you still need it.
Here, in Poland, we have a nice Remus official partner.

Hehh, couldn't locate the EDIT button.
..aaaand we can make a deal.
I can take care about your Remus muffler, and you can buy me few things for my Tib in US. :>
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 PM

i can get you anything you need from here regardless if ebay cannot. hell, if RED Z wants to hook me up with some headers, or KFX goodies or anything else and whatnot i can see if they can do something. polish club can hook you up (should be free to send money), then you send me paypal once i confirm shipping cost, i paypal KFX, they send it to me and i'll ship the items away avoiding import fees with my shipping co. i use.

if you find one, you could ship it down the street, someone will be there to sign. just one thing Mike. you think you can beat the $2,000 zloty prices for those Remus? that's some $600 here. and would finding a universal one with 2''inch inlet be difficult?
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 13 2009, 10:51 PM)
just one thing Mike. you think you can beat the $2,000 zloty prices for those Remus? that's some $600 here. and would finding a universal one with 2''inch inlet be difficult?

I'm working on it right now.
I'll let you know asap.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM

sounds like a plan! like i said, no sweat. i know 90% of the time U.S. prices will be cheaper. i really wonder why everything is so expensive over there. people make 1/10th of what they make here yet prices are 10 times as high.

well, tell me of the items you need back in this thread. or PM me if you need.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 AM

All right, here's the thing:
Remus silencer Hyundai Coupe RD1
The current prize of Remus Austria is 377€, still looking for shipping costs.
The Official partner in Poland (free shipping), wants 2069 zloty wich is 630 USD (todays exchange rate). But the prize contains .. huh, forgot the word. Contains putting it into your car. tongue.gif Your car is in US, so they will give a small discount.
Austrian offer would be cheaper (about 550 USD). Waiting for the shipping costs.