Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Carbon Fiber Fenders.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chaser Aerodynamics bought the US stock when GTP (C-Wings) went down. I believe those companies were just fronts for the Chinese manufacturing company though, who now supplies Chaser. Aerokits.net has them listed as available, and I know first hand that there were 6 sets IN STOCK at GTP last time I was there. So I've held them in my hands, and posted pics.

As far as my fenders, they're CF yeah, but when i took the metal fenders to be molded, I apparently gave them a set of BENT stock fenders, so I got a perfectly molded set of BENT Carbon fenders back. 500 for the mold, 350 or something for the fenders = 850 kick in the nuts.

So no, I wouldn't want ANYONE to have my current sun faded fenders. They're going in the trash. I'm gonna mod my widebody fenders to work with the Vertical Doors, and then have the vents smoothed out, and then wrap those in CF to match a new Evo hood and Type S, all carbon. I'm calling Chaser for prices so if you guys want the OEM carbons I can help you out a bit better than going straight to Chaser.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Awesome to hear. I was hoping we didnt really lose those. Let us know what the deal is!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

I talked to Chris, and we can order these!
They have a container that will be here on april. We have a couple of weeks to place an order to get these now.... if not, so at any time, but it will take half a year or so....

I still didn't quite understand how much are they, and if we need to pay full price or partially?

Ericy^^ , are you also interested?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 AM

Interested yes. Not sure how seriously at this point though.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:07 PM

Retail is 599 marked down to 539 I think on Chaser. That means with my discount, I'll probably be able to get that down to about 500 even. They'd want a 10% deposit so that they can make em and add them to the container. I'm not sure if there is a minimum amount or not. I did tell them these will NEVER sell if they're not in stock, and that it'd be border line crazy to actually keep them in stock. More or less I told them that I'd see if there was any interest from you guys, and if not, then nobody looses any sleep.

If nobody else wants em, for 500 + shipping, then first off I understand that's not cheap, and second, I'll do my best to acquire at least one set for Sasha if he can stomache the cost.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

hate to take away sales from you Chris but the metal fenders we have no dont weigh shit to begin with.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ not sure if much of the interest is really in weight as in the look of carbon fiber fenders

also im sure people would love to say, "yea i have carbon fiber fenders" just for the hell of it
Old 01-30-2009, 04:52 PM

Ya, these wouldnt be for weight. I wish I had that kind of money but as of right now I dont at all. Especially with shipping on top of that. And seeing as I have much higher priorities with the car. Like probably having to buy something to tune it with shortly.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM

I'm gonna see if they'll make one set of Sasha, but they may turn me down. Personally, I had these huge plans to be a hero and produce the WB shark fenders for everyone, then get them in CF. But here's the process I'd have to go through.

1. Take my fenders, and shave off the original fender section, leaving only the flare
2. Get a set of perfect stock fenders, and have the flares molded to them, ON a test car.
3. Getting a test car is essential cause I have molded sides, and my current WB fenders meet them, but do not go under the side like stock.
4. Pay for a mold to be made of new fenders after they've been test fit and made perfect.
5. TRY to sell a single set, in FRP, forget about selling 6 or 700 dollar CF Wide Body fenders to people who's cars are worth 6 or 700 bucks to start with.

So... I'm just gonna shave out the gills on my WB fenders, and have em wrapped in CF. They'll weigh more than stock, but I'll be the coolest guy in school smile.gif j/k but I'm sure it'll cost me several hundo, and then another 1500 or so for the hood and matching bumper in CF 02.gif

We may just have to kiss the idea of Pure CF fenders bye bye. But we can always have metal wrapped in CF. Want that Sasha? I'll get a quote from ITZ if you do. Those might be cheaper and sell better anyway, we know they'll fit perfect.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:39 PM

That sucks but 500 is a bit much anyway I think for what it is. How is their pricing on wraps? I have a few things I need done badly.