Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Vinyl Graphics

Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Right, but the bends means it takes more surface area to cover the same distance.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I agree if you start at the front you might end up going 1/8" or 1/4" less then you would have otherwise, but honestly I dont think on a graphic like this one it's going to be significant change. Basically I think it will make a little difference, but not enough to be significant in this application, you know what I mean?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM

I'm just waiting for the final product so I can get in on it. I do love the latest rendition that has been made. Now if we can just figure out the fitment like your trying to do right now. Yes DTN i'm still interested in going halves with you on this.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

This is great...my car is going to have look a like red-headed step children..... lmao.gif no just kidding....well i was worried about the curves too when i had the shop make it but then came the task of installing it which i had done some vinyl before. Well me and my wife attempted to put it on for 3 hours with no luck cause it would wrinkle in one spot or another so i said screw it. So i put the first layer back on the contact paper and took it down to the vinyl shop that does those complete wraps and stuff and said make it happen. Sure enough 3 hours later it was done. The only problem that i ever had was that it was placed a little lower than i wanted and the sign shop i originally made it had a bend about mid door so that the rear end of the vinyl dropped lower than i wanted but it worked out and looked good.

One thing i would watch out for is when they or you apply it watch what you use to brush on the vinyl cause mine had minor scratches in the clear whereever they went over the edge of the graphic. I didn't notice this untill later when i was fine detailing and and noticed all these little fine lines all the way down the car. It would of buffed out but not with the graphic on.

Anyway good luck to you guys....I think you both have great ideas and that it will look good on whatever/whichever you decide.

JD

here are a couple of different pics at different angles if it helps....

Old 02-21-2008, 08:39 PM

Thanks a lot man. smile.gif Course, those are the same pics on your photobucket, and I already have all those on my computer. laugh.gif
Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

yeah...i am still looking for other pics for you....they are just on my desktop where i keep my pics.....and i always use my laptop......and have been lazy
Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM

No worries. Heck, we even have similar avatars now. tongue.gif
Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: Tiburon 98

I don't like Vinyl but the redturbulence one is really nice!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

here's the link to the photoshop file if anyone wants it. It's been reduced to 1/4 size so it's only 50 megs instead of 214
http://www.mediafire.com/?s99jndjxkxr
I can have one of these made for $120 shipped and the center of the thing would be filled with any vinyl graphics you'd like to place elsewhere on the car.... RDT, Hyundai, whatever, just about anything you can think of.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:46 AM

first i was thinking of a vinyl 2, but i prefer a airbrush. these were 2 fast ideas that i had:

this is how my car becomes when i have the money