USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

The Nopi Nationals Motorsports Supershow

Old 03-02-2006 | 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Tibby

Actually NOPI CHIC is a girl only class. You can enter your regular class or NOPI CHIC, but if you want to do both you have to pay an extra $35-or something like that. No bikini required, I think they have enough girls hired to do that.

BTW, anyone know if they ever plan on splitting the tibs into generations like they do Z's and RX7's? That would be sweet. It sucks competing with cars six years newer.
Old 03-02-2006 | 08:03 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I actually asked about that. They create the classes based on the number of last years entries. I think each class has to have a minium of X number of entries before they'll create another class. I think it was 10 or 15, something like that.

So, if we can get 10-15 1997-01 tibs to enter, and 10-15 3rd gen tibs to enter, we may be able to have them split the classes. It's based on previous years entrants. I used 10-15 as an example, I don't remember specific numbers but I think it was close to that.

And, the $60 or $70 (whatever it is to enter your car) gives you a choice of ONE class to enter into (whether it's NOPI Chic or Hyundai Tiburon class). You can pay $35 for each additional class you want to enter. You can enter 1 show class and 1 audio class... but I don't know if you can enter 2 different SHOW classes (unless it's a BEST OF category).

Post on the www.nopiforums.com and ask.

NOPI Chic is both a car show class for females, AND the NOPI Model search that they have. I didn't realize what you were asking.

--argh, edit--
i must have misread your post. i answered questions that weren't even asked, and others that were already answered lol
Old 03-03-2006 | 04:35 PM

You can only enter one class unless the NOPI CHIC thing, for that they make an exception and will let you enter both your tiburon class and the one for girls.

That's awesome about making extra classes. Maybe if more people would enter their cars instead of just driving to the show and leaving them outside we would have a chance to get that many. It just doen't make sense to not enter if you have 2 people, it's actually the same price if not a little cheaper to enter for two people for both days. Oh well, maybe someday they'll split up the gens.
Old 03-03-2006 | 10:39 PM
Administrator

that's part of the reason I asked people to post on the nopiforums.com site to say that they were bringing their tib (post in the Hyundai section). Get us more recognition and it's the easiest way to make our presence known. If we have 30 Tiburon owners posting on their forums, they can't help but notice. (let your Tib be seen in your sig, or use the RDTiburon banner in your sig)
Old 03-04-2006 | 12:01 AM

I thought the RD1's and RD2's were in a seperate class...which of you guys won last year...none of the GK guys that I was showing with won in the custom class...I'm guessing the RD Tibs won then?

Asian - Sport Compact - Tiburon - Custom
1 WILL WALSH INDEPENDENCE, KY
2 TY LAWYER CAMP HILL, PA
3 JULIE STEPHENS DOUGLASVILLE, GA

Asian - Sport Compact - Tiburon - Street
1 SEAN ANDERSEN LAWRENCEVILLE, GA
2 BRANDON CARSWELL LAWRENCEVILLE, GA
3 RICHARD WILLIAMS FREDERICKBURG, VA
Old 03-04-2006 | 12:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SEAN @ Mar 4 2006, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought the RD1's and RD2's were in a seperate class...which of you guys won last year...none of the GK guys that I was showing with won in the custom class...I'm guessing the RD Tibs won then?</div>

Nope, not yet.

You were at the Nopi Nats?

The guy that won the custom class was the Orange RD2, it was pretty kick ass. Only one I knew of for SURE that was an RD and won.
Old 03-04-2006 | 01:07 AM

yes I was...I won the street class...hoping to meet some of you guys next year...

Old 03-04-2006 | 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ahh, I remember those rims now I think.

Did you come over and meet us at the RDTiburon.com tent?
Old 03-04-2006 | 09:43 AM
Administrator

Will Walsh was the orange RD2 that had the alternator problems... only one I know of that won.
Old 03-04-2006 | 10:21 AM

I'll go ahead and post on the nopiforums site even though I might not be bringing my car. It was mostly GK's that won at NOPI wasn't it?