Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   USA - Midwest/Central (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/usa-midwest-central-256/)
-   -   ****Texas Mega Meet #6**** (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/usa-midwest-central-256/%2A%2A%2A%2Atexas-mega-meet-6%2A%2A%2A%2A-39899/)

'treezy 04-06-2007 01:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>btw: AJ (Fixer) and his Supercharged Tib are out there now. Should get him to go.</div>

haha, I made a random ass visit to Henderson one weekend and ended up picking up/chaufering his girfriend around Vegas because he was drunk.

Cool tib.

and is this an annual event?

Dark Shark 04-06-2007 01:17 PM

Yep, sure is. That is if they get enough people to prepay, lol.

JonGTR 04-08-2007 08:22 AM

It's at least annual. Sometimes it happens twice in a year. But this has been going on for about 4 years now.

Dark Shark 04-10-2007 09:52 AM

So did we end up getting enough people to go to still have the meet or not?

The site says : "All payments for the meet must be made by April 26th, 2007. If you don't get your payment in on time the entry fee will be increaded to $40/car "

So did they change it to the 26th instead of last Friday or what's going on?

JonGTR 04-11-2007 06:44 AM

We needed a minimum amount of people to gaurantee that the meet would happen. So the deadline was last friday to get like min. 30 people.
After that happened, the latest you could register for $33 is April 26th through Paypal. Otherwise you need to pay at the gate for $40.

We got the 30 people, so the meet will happen.

inferredrecords 04-11-2007 04:37 PM

Alright guys here is some more info. Also make sure to check <span style="color:#3333FF">http://www.texasmegameet.com</span> for more updates.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheGreatWhite @ Apr 09 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Everything for the meet is a <span style="color:green">GO</span>! Thanks to all of you who got your payments in, you've made this event possible...we still want more cars to be there so be sure to get as many more to join in as you can!!!</span></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheGreatWhite @ Apr 09 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><u><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:DarkOrange"><div align='CENTER'>EVENT RAFFLE</div></span></span></u>

Alright everybody, there is again going to be an event raffle for those products that we get sponsored to us ....Items from Nitrous Express (NX), AEM, and Midnight Wolf, and more to come, will all be on raffle....so be sure to bring a little extra for some really sweet raffle items!!! If you have come to the events the past two years, you know you won't be dissapointed with the products up for grabs...

<div align='CENTER'><span style="color:Green"><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Tickets will cost:</span></u></span><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">
1 ticket for $5
or
3 tickets for $10</span>

</div>

We'll have more details on this as we get closer to the event...but let me just say that we're not just raffleing off small items here, we're talking about some of these items will retail for at or around $200 +, so we hope that many of you will get involved with that...

I'll personally be selling the tickets at the track, so see me if you're interested in getting some the day of!!!</div>

JonGTR 04-19-2007 12:11 PM

You guys ready for this?

Dark Shark 04-19-2007 12:55 PM

I'm ready to be there, but the Tib's not yet.... The steering's all squirrelly and it needs new struts in the rear. This has to happen right after bills are paid and I have no cash and right before the meet mad.gif I'll still be there, but it depends on what I can scrape up to buy new rear struts as to whether I'll even be on the strip..... Because with how it's driving now I wouldn't even think of it.

JonGTR 04-19-2007 01:21 PM

You can get some badass KYB's for the rear for around $100. Maybe a lot less for cheaper brands.

inferredrecords 04-20-2007 11:10 PM

Here is some more info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheGreatWhite @ Apr 20 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It brings me great pleasure to pass along some GREAT news to you all! We have TITLE SUPPORTER for this event!!!!

<span style="color:Blue">WACO HYUNDAI </span>is now the Texas Megameet Title Supporter!!!! This is AWESOME NEWS everybody!! They're actually going to be comming to the meet with 3 brand new Hyundais to demo! You're going to just have to wait and see which ones, but I think they know their target population so that narrows at least one/two of those cars! They are going to be on hand to pass out Hyundai information and actually have sales people there to answer any questions we have about the cars!

I have only one request of the us as participants. For their support of our event, I need to get a small group or large group of us that are at the meet to head to their dealership at the conclusion of the event. I'm looking to get around 15 or so cars there and this will be easy for all of you using I-35 to get there because it's right off 35 in Waco. So, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, Killen, and SA and Houston if you wana head that way for a few, I'm only asking for about 30-45 mins or your time to be at their dealership to support them and thank them for their support and then we can all bug out! I just want to be there for them to show them some appreciation for their support...

Please let me know if that is an issue for anybody because I don't see any reason we can't go there...and that will be one KICK A$$ caravan smile.gif and it's really not that far out of the way for anybody!!!

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!</div>