Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

transmission failure

Old 08-20-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, this maybe the last day i post on this thread. I may have discovered the driving habit that destroyed my transmission. downshifting by skipping gears. like a shift from 5th to 3rd. spools up those syncros really fast and adds a lot of wear in a fraction of real time. hear it from a superviser with a 76 mustang (i think). well, they FINALLY got all the parts and i hope they will finish by wednesday, (today i guess. right now it is 1:16am so it should be wed) tuesday, about 4pm they said it was about 50% put together, so hopefully they get their act together and finish up the rest.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:41 AM

well forget about me getting my car back today. (just like anyother day) something else is broke. my shifting fork. I was so pissed at hearing this that i had to see the damages my self. I talked the the technician, and found out the one that was working on my car now has a back injury and won't be finishing the job, and another technician will be taking over. WHAT THE Hell? well, now the damages are slight but obvious. I saw a crack on the shifting fork. the new technician saw the problem when reassembling the tranny. (i must say he has good eyes. very subtle damage). well, who knows when my curse will ever end.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:39 AM

I wonder if Hyundai is planning on making a cetified plus network of dealers like dodges five star or fords blue oval.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:15 AM

well, FINALLY! about time. I received my car back on Friday, August 23. And do you know why i didn't post then? because I was DRIVING!!! thank goodness. It just feels right to get it back. screw the dealership (actually it is a Nissan/Hyundai dealership.) not a true hyundai dealership. I have decided to never return to that cursed place.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:36 PM

Congrats, I hope that never happens to you again (or any of us). eek!

Enjoy your baby!
Old 08-27-2002, 01:42 AM

Sounds like a Kodac moment.