Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

transmission failure

Old 08-09-2002, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the dealership getting the seatbelt recall taking care of in my 2000 Tiburon. which I recoomend to everyone. they replace it different now. I got new belts, new tractor and new retainer. It smooth and silky like a gt03 seat belt smile.gif

As for trannys, They saw I was at 30k and asked if they could do a fluid swap. I guess they did not realize I did a auto-manual swap smile.gif

They told me, they now change Automatic fluids at 20k miles and manuals fluids at 30k miles.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:40 AM

NOW IM FUMMING.... well, car is still sitting in the dealer collecting dust while im in endless depression. (my car is my life!) (im a loser) anyways parts are still not in , and the weird thing is the parts manufacter is about 20 miles away!!!???? does that make sense? I've been getting the run around witht the dealer and I don't think I will be getting the car back till probably next week! this will make it week 2 for a job that was SUPPOSE to last 3-5 days. my word of advice, never be to optimistic, you will just be shot down and BURN! I am getting really agitated to the point that i requested to have my transmission reassembled to its previously grinding state just to have my car back till the parts come in, but according to the dealer, they said they trashed the old parts already. Im getting desperate. Now im going to call the hyundai hotline about car rentals. I was wondering, does hyundai provide rentals for overly long warranty coverage? Im CARLESS and POOR, so i can't afford a rental but I still need transportation!!! (times like this i wish i had a motorcycle)
Old 08-09-2002, 11:53 AM

Dude, Hyundai Rule, if work takes more then 4 hours, they provide a rental car smile.gif
Old 08-11-2002, 02:52 PM

a car rental!!! what! I thought that but my dealer wont provide me with one! this is pissing me off. tomorrow im planning on calling the hyundai customer support and ask them a question or two
Old 08-11-2002, 03:01 PM

Here in Canada if you bought HPP, Hyundai Protection Plan, an extended warranty, they do provide you with a courtesy car. It all depends how nice your dealer is.

BlkTib: as for the dealer saying that they have thrown out your old parts, they are lying to you. Hyundai parts that are under warranty must be kept by the dealership for 30 days or until warranty is paid out by Hyundai and then must be held another 30 days after thay are paid.
Old 08-11-2002, 03:25 PM

thanks for the info. I will check up on that. that is very informative. hopefully with this knowledge i can have my car back sooner, and while the parts come in
Old 08-12-2002, 01:14 AM

Vehicle: 02 Elantra

My guess is they screwed up and are blaming parts for the problem. If the repair is under warranty then they have not thrown the parts away because the dealer is required to keep them for a period of 90 days or until the claim is paid. Also I bet if you called the parts department and asked if your parts are in they won't even have anything on order for you. If they did order something it should have been overnighted due to the nature of the situation (hyundai pays the charges if the dealer is RBIC certified). I would demand to talk to the DPSM for hyundai in that area to get your repair expedited ASAP. I really think they took your trany apart and got in over their heads. I have seen inexperienced techs crack the transmission case when doing this repair also. TALK TO THE DPSM!! and get a loaner from them somehow.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:29 AM

well here is the lastest update. it is almost 2 weeks. parts are still not in. but the service tech said they should be in tuesday morning....hmmmm, didn't they say that last week? well, i shouldn't be to optimistic, cause live ain't fair, it never is. I will post my bad news post tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:57 AM

blktib:
well here is the lastest update. it is almost 2 weeks. parts are still not in. but the service tech said they should be in tuesday morning....hmmmm, didn't they say that last week? well, i shouldn't be to optimistic, cause live ain't fair, it never is. I will post my bad news post tomorrow.
Did you get a rental car? I was informed that ANY warranty work that takes more than 1 day I could get a rental car. I plan on taking the car in to have the A/T checked. It keeps kicking down into 3rd gear and staying there. I think I'll take in a copy of the TSB regarding the A/T too.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:44 AM

well, i have decide that i think i need a car rental so i call the hyundai headquarters. now i have a case number and i will find out today if i get a rental or not. screw my dealership. Its not even a true hyundai dealership, that is probably why im getting screwed over