For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

'97 Tiburon (base)

Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '97 Tiburon 1.8 5spd, red with black/gray interior, 130xxx miles. Brand new are/is 4 plugs/wires, crank sensor, cam sensor, fuel filter, 3 injectors and fuel pump (which is bad from the factory and is why it wont run) .

I had it towed and was told the new pump I put in was bad but it runs fine when he sprayed starting fluid in the airbox. He then asked me if I really wanted to pay for a new pump and labor due to a good-sized rot spot by rear tire, my answer was "no".

The hood is great, the interior is great, rear hatch, doors, front facia all good. It has a header, needs a muffler (which I have new (fairly cheap aftermarket one).

13" wheels but good tires.

It can be towed from my house in East Bridgewater MA or from the shop in Bridgewater, Ma or bring a new fuel pump and drive it away.

I just want to pay a small shop bill and have a few bucks for all the parts I just replaced.

The major issue is that I need it gone by Monday or Tuesday at the latest otherwise it get's towed and junked and it's got too many good parts to do that.

Cell Phone is 617 347-9027

This is it but it's just dirtier. And there is some paint bubbling at the rear passenger wheelwell. I think the picture makes it look a little better that it is but it'll clean right up but like I said, that rust hole in the rear floor is why I'm getting rid of it.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Man 13 hours away. If it was a little closer I'd definitely be interested.

maybe some pics of rust areas would be good. Why do you have to have it gone so quick? seems silly to junkyard a car for a fuel pump.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM

I've had it for two years. The way my mechanic talked, he made me believe it wasn't worth the expense.

I had replaced the FP like two years ago myself and it was bad but ran long enough to fool me into thinking it was another problem (thread is on RDTib somewhere).

Too much time and too many headaches and no space for it now.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 PM

fuel pump have any sort of warranty??
Old 08-30-2009, 05:57 PM

It may but at this point I don't care. I don't have my reciept since it was well over a year ago since I installed it. It's getting towed to a recycler tomorrow unless someone wants it for a few hundred bucks.

It's almost got that in new sensors alone. Plus, the good body parts and interior and header are well worth it.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:31 PM

If I had the time I would come out and pick it up, Michigan's a little ways away and I'm in college so I don't have time for trips like that. hate to see this go to waste..... considering the car might put my sentra to shame
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 AM

Well, I just got $200.00 cash for it. Didn't want to do it like that but I had no other way.