Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is Your Tib Out Of Operation?

Old 10-04-2006 | 05:26 PM

Mines out of comission, automatic tranny blew. Bought all parts for auto/manual swap so hopefully in the next two weeks my tibby will be up and running but with whole new aditude tongue.gif

Currently riding WalMat Road Bike tongue.gif don't have another car but biking has actually been good makes me work out tongue.gif and no gas payment is awesome!
Old 10-04-2006 | 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

my clutch is gone and am currently replacing it. i am currently driving my truck. i miss the tib sooooo bad it is unfair.
Old 10-04-2006 | 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Umm lets see..mines been out of commission for more then two months. Havent seen her for two months. Whole electrical system went for some reason while doing a simple airram install and got rewired but still didnt work..had to get a new ecu installed, then the tranny didnt work for it..so now I bought all my swap parts to swap the tranny so I can finally have my car back. The whole process was crazy and frustrating. Im in one of the worst boats here. I probably spent around 2-2.5 grand on all this. Right now, with all the mods and fix its I had to do on the tib..I basically paid my tib off, probably 11 grand all together. (I paid that much when I first got it, paid that off and now all this) I love her but Im done spending money on her for a few months..the only other thing Ill get now is a new clutch.

I drive a 92 Honda Prelude now..5 speed. Not bad at all..a nice, reliable beater. But holy sh-t I miss my tibby..shes the best.

Obviously I have a lot of devotion here..either that or Im stupid.
Old 10-04-2006 | 07:51 PM

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Oct 4 2006, 05:16 PM)
he crashed it

I had a choice between hitting a clueless person who pulled out in front of me in the rain (onto a 50mph road) or trying to swerve to avoid. I tried to swerve to avoid planting the nose of my tib under their SUV, lost control, and put her into a drainage ditch. Ripped out the radiator (pushed back into the exhaust) the radiator support, passengerside foglight, newly painted and installed fender (thanks to Tibbychick) and bend the edge of the hood, and punctured the oilpan. Even with all that. little oil, no coolant, she got me home a good ten miles.

Of course I was forced to speed up to 60mph, shut her down, coast down to 30mph, dump the clutch to restart, speed back up to 60mph.. lather, rinse, and repeat.. but she still got me home.
Old 10-04-2006 | 08:15 PM

hey aviv!! long time no see dood....

i guess i can add to this list. i havent posted this cause i havent been on, but my car has been without 2nd, 4th, and reverse for 2 days. but ive been hella swamped.

but last night i got looking around for the 1st time, i after maybe 3 minutes, realized my c-clip that holds my shift cable onto the trans was MIA. well a washer, and a die grinder later, all fixed. i ordered the actual c-clip from hyundai this morning though, so all will be great in by friday.
Old 10-04-2006 | 08:41 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Mine's been outta comission for close to 6 months now. I put the XD cam in and got the timing off, bent 6 valves and damaged my pistons. I tried twice to rebuild it myself with 1.8l pistons from Kspec, but for some reason it won't go back together right. I just recieved my new motor from Istanbru tonight and I am going to be swapping it in over the next week or so. After that I'm gonna get the old motor rebuilt by a machine shop and swap back in the spring.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:04 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Running great.

Turbocharged Daily Driven With NO CEL's

cool.gif

Bout to install my extra injectors and spacer kit and wire in my SMT-6 (finally, damn USPS) so itll be down for a few days but its by choice.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:07 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I got raped by a shitty deal on a shitty timing belt and have been driving automatic SUV's for the past 3 months. They don't compare...

But it got me more into 4-wheelin! wink1.gif
Old 10-04-2006 | 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

still driving very well, with some N/A mods.
Old 10-05-2006 | 02:51 AM

Running, now with all new wheel bearings, but I've got an electrical gremlin driving me insane. Poor idle, battery light comes on randomly despite new battery, alt, alt belt, and new alt to battery cable. Almost shuts off when radiator fan cuts on and the steering wheel shakes when idling. And my voltage drops below 12v all the time, rebooting my carpc.

But mechanically-speaking, it's sound. wink1.gif