Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Yeah This Is Your Country And Yet Nobody Cares?

Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the survey was only for Latinos. haha. And they took the survey off Alameda St just east of downtown LA.

That way, 7 out of every 10 Mexicans randomly selected walking down the street were unable to speak english, thus making them illegal.

Stats % surveys have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Saying 70% of something could mean 7 out of 10 people surveyed. They can be twisted to make something look bigger than it is.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM

this is a problem that I am going to have to deal with when i get into my old age. you guys think its not a big deal now, but just picture your kids not having jobs, and having to learn Spanish to do the job they DO get.

I hate the fact that Mexico sucks, i really do. But when all the poor trash that cant afford to live in Mexico ( with he exceptions of the many that are good people) come here, it just makes our country worse....

my teacher put it this way, which i can understand. "The worst feeling a man can have is coming home and not knowing how to feed his family. Now if i had no other way of feeding my family, then hell yes im going to try to get into America. If i got caught i would do it again and again until my family is well nourished, and thats why i have respect for those poor people who have been forced to work for 3 bucks an hour."

anyways, this probably doesn't help my racial warning, but whatever, thats my and my teachers opinion.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I wish I could post something like this.. thanks for posting
Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 PM

^^^LOL, I was kinda waiting for your comment.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

J3R0MY, that's probably the best way i've heard that whole issue summed up in a long time. fing02.gif
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (J3R0MY @ Mar 1 2007, 01:50 PM)
my teacher put it this way, which i can understand. "The worst feeling a man can have is coming home and not knowing how to feed his family. Now if i had no other way of feeding my family, then hell yes im going to try to get into America. If i got caught i would do it again and again until my family is well nourished, and thats why i have respect for those poor people who have been forced to work for 3 bucks an hour."

So... you understand why Mexicans do what they do, AND you would do the same put in their position. Why then are you against it?

KR, you can participate in this thread if you can do so without racial comments or bashing. Just be careful of what terms you use

I've been to Mexico. I've seen two adults and a child living off of the equivalent of $50 USD per month. For us to be against them coming to America to make a decent living, is that even considered humane?

J3R0MY - I'm doubtful your kids will have a hard time finding a job because of a Mexican kid.. but if he does, tough luck. Work hard, earn the job, and become better. If the Mexican kid deserves the job because he worked hard to know what he knows, and can do it better, he deserves the job. If he gets the job because he's Hispanic, then that's a completely different topic and can be applied to ANY nationality, more so Asian and Europeans than Mexicans.

This has been debated before, so I'll only mention it. America sucks as far as education goes. We're one of the few countries in the world that speaks one language. We're considered a "developed" country, yet our ability to communicate is less than that of Holland, Germany, France, and Beglium, all of which I consider less developed than us. Several countries around the world speak multiple languages that are NOT their national or official language. I wish our education system was up to par with the rest of the world and I had the ability, drive, and dedication in school to take more than 6 courses in Spanish and 2 in Latin. Go to any "developed" country in the world, and you'll find people who can speak English. France, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Italy, etc... hell, I found 12 year old girls speaking perfect English in Amsterdam.

From what I've seen, half the people on this forum can't speak/type English. We complain about Mexicans not speaking English, but people born in this country can't do so themselves.

"Stupid is as stupid does"
Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

wow those stat are extremely bias. in the world of 2007 you can get stats that say anything u want.

this thread is in poor taste
Old 03-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (majiktib @ Mar 1 2007, 04:32 PM)
So... you understand why Mexicans do what they do, AND you would do the same put in their position. Why then are you against it?

I understand what your saying majik but the answer isn't letting them into our country and giving them welfare, ss, etc. That is only going to amplify the problem.

The ONLY solution is to help their economy. People get mad about sending jobs to mexico but I'd rather that happen (except for the part were they work for nothing) than for them to come here illegally. I agree those initial stats are probably inflated but with current talk and politicians pushing for all these rights for illegals it is just obviously not the answer. It will only hurt us and it isn't helping mexico any.

edit: btw, google proves out the authenticity of the article. wink1.gif (looks to be about 50/50)
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM

I have left this thread several times because I have been trying to avoid commenting on an issue that doesn't affect me that much, but I keeping leaving & then becoming upset by the narrowness of some of the veiws expressed. It seems like a simple solution to send every illegal packing, except for the minor problem of destroying your economy & thus affecting the world. If you guys sent everyone home, there would be billions of dollars lost. It is not an ideal situation but America NEEDS Illegals. It is believed that if there were more jobs everyone would work, but the fact is there are millions of red blooded citizens (born and bred) who are to lazy to get up and go to work. America's youth would not get suddenly get brighter and want to go to school, I would love to hear from you if you were forced to drop out of high school because Jesus took your seat. As for the statement about the Mexicans booing and spitting during a soccer match, every one of those things have happened to me playing as a Canadian in your country (including a rousing chant of "go home" during a hockey game for 8 year olds. (parents literally attacked our coach in the locker room) It is unfortunate to have these things happen but at the same time a few stupid poeple has not spoiled my view of Americans (we love you big cheese eating bastards!!)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I was in school in Long Beach near Los Angelas for grade school. It sucks. The english as a seccond language kids don't understand so the teacher has to go back over things, so less studying and more reviewing for ESL kids. It slows things down and makes parts of the cirriculum go away. I had to deal with that for a few grades until I moved to Montana. Now look at me! I are teh shizzle fo rizzle at teh english yo!