Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

xmas idea for the mrs' cobalt

Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

^^^ I suppose, if you wanna be a cheap-ass and not do it right. Remember, do it right once or do it wrong twice. Niteshades is paint. Paint doesn't look good without sanding between color and clear.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wait... do you mean parabolic lenses instead of halogen?

Parabolic lenses - no HIDs, they just blind the hell out of everybody and I may throw a rock in your car's general direction

Projector housing - definitely get HIDs. Small investment with big payoff

if you have the money, wheels and lowering springs. I like them together, rarely one without the other.

window tint is always the first thing for my vehicles.

I also agree with cobra - if painting tails, use clear. Makes a world of difference.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

mine look great without any sanding between the paint and clear and have been that way for a couple months now! depends on how you spray the paint, if you lay down a nice, wet coat, itll look good.

also did my srt- fogs, rear brake light the same way, looked good for about 8 months until i sold the car.

cobra is talking about sanding in between painting and clearing.

if you aim the parabolic lens down a bit more, you wont blind people as bad, and you still get a hell of a lot more light than silverstars.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

The cobalt has reflector housings, not projector, so the HID's will blind oncoming traffic and maybe a 747 with the right angle glare lol. I read a 5 page topic on the cobalt forum on HID's that visionz posted, and learned a sh*t ton. They really frown upon putting them in stock headlights.

You can aim them down but the glare isn't constant in one spot.

I just don't want her in any accidents/incidents because of something I put on her car or just in general for that matter lol.

I think I'm gonna leave them alone for right now. Maybe upgrade to some projector housings in the future, I just don't want to rice it out with chrome and halo's. I don't care if she likes it, I think its atrocious.

I got the smoked LED tails and 3rd brake film and already called and scheduled an apt for tint the week after xmas. Tint is $215 and the tails/film was $130 and I'll do whatever she wants to do with the emblems.

Thanks for mentioning intake, didn't even think of that. I'd like to find one that doesn't interfere with her warranty, cause I know that if an exhaust hanger breaks or something stupid like that they'll blame it on the intake and deny the claim
Old 12-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ventshades are an awesome addition. Even for nonsmokers like myself you can leave the windows doen in the summer or rain and keep the car vented plus they can look good on the right car. And bonus is driving with them and an open window provides good air flow without the excess noise. Also won't void anything. Put the intake in but keep the stock intake so if something happens you can switch back. Also GM usually carries a full line upgrade components that are approved bolt ons I am sure they have an exhaust for the cobalt and nice thing is it generally gives a little more tone without a great deal of noise. Tint and ect as already mentioned. And custom badges on the car and the wheel covers. Also you can always get a different grill insert for them.