Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Xbox 360

Old 11-03-2005 | 04:09 PM

Hmmm im debating on whether getting it..

i was told that either i get it on the 22 or wait till next year.
Old 11-03-2005 | 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

get it animal

so i can own you with my halo tactics lol

doode us as a team rocked that game i grabbed the flag

you killed everyone on the screen(including me a few times)
Old 11-12-2005 | 01:53 AM

Vehicle: Honda

2K Sports just released some more screen shots...

Damn.

Check out the bottom of Kobe's sneakers. I don't have a pic in that colorway, but that is exactly how his real Nike's look on the bottom.

I'm geeked up for the 360, I can't wait. Me and one of my friends are planning to wait outside from like midnight to open be first in line.

I don't want to be like the PlayStation 2 where I showed up at Circuit City at 7am and was 10th in line when they only had 9. I got so lucky because the guy in front of me got a call on his cell phone from his wife who was able to get one somewhere else. I still have the ticket he had, "TICKET #9 - This ticket authorizes you to purchase a PlayStation 2 and a copy of Fantavision." I also bought Tekken Tag. Man that was a great day.

Can I not edit a post twice? I swear on my life I can't find an edit button. I apologize in advance for the double post.

Okay, that said, I finally got to play the Call of Duty demo when I picked up my paycheck from Best Buy tonight. I was fully planning on buying NBA2K6 and the system. Now I'm switched. I'm getting Call of Duty 2. I was blown away. I've said before how FPS on console stinks, but this one is amazing.

For those of you who haven't played it, you play a rather long demo where your character fights in North Africa. It's really weird to see the attention to detail, because you are wearing shorts and a safari style helmet. It's also an experience to see so many people on the screen at once, moving with their own sense of being. There was a point where me and my comrades were in a shootout and one of my guys got shot. Another one of us, I'm guessing the medic but I'm not sure, ran over to him, got both of them covered and started working on him. While all this is going on your getting shot at and shooting back, watching out for grenades and so on. It moves at a crazy pace. You spend about 5% of the time not in a shootout, and that's a good thing. I don't need a puzzle of getting 5 keys to open up a jail cell or some BS like that.

I did some reading and it looks like in one-player mode you get to play as 3 different countries. You will get to play as an American, a Brit, and a Russian. I'm so geeked to play as a Russian. You will fight in places like Tunisia, Stalingrad, and rural France.

What I liked was how easy the game was to pick up. I died and I told my friend, "Let me find a gun with a good scope." I found one and I was popping helmets off. I love games where you don't have to push 20 buttons to turn on a flashlight and this one is so easy to play, but not easy to win. I pray that this is a very long game that has the same "OMFG what is next???" pace that the Egypt level has. fing02.gif
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:49 AM

I'd get it now Jaws. I know it will be cheaper sometime next year, but it looks so damn good!!
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You didn't double post mang, if ya came by teh site more, you'd know we have that fixed now.

Anyways, Call Of Duty was one of the best FPS's ever, and Call of Duty 2 is even better.

Did you notice that you could pick up grenades that they threw at you and throw them back?
Old 11-13-2005 | 02:14 AM

Vehicle: Honda

LOL, I try to come by as much as possible. I spend a lot of time on Metroplex MINI and North American Motoring now.

Yeah, the whole grenade thing was awesome, and smoke grenades look freaking sweet. I was able to throw one and flank some dudes.

I can't wait to pick up Call of Duty 2. That game was awesome.