Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

WTF is this?!

Old 07-06-2011 | 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

for the daily driver, there probably wouldn't be much performance difference in this setup from a real CAI.

the air would be at its coldest and pretty much forced in for sure. the plexiglass would be pretty restrictive though, me thinks.

hydro lock wouldn't be much of a worry with the plexi glass either and depending ojn the filter material..

looks retarded, and i would never do it.

unless you were treading through deep water or it was a monsoon, you really wouldnt have to worry about hydro lock either.
Old 07-06-2011 | 10:35 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

being open in the front grill like that, it would saturate with water pretty quickly in a mild rain shower, think of interstate traffic with water flying into your grill from the vehicles in front of you.

This is what happened to me when I had the open ended filter behind the vent in my veilside bumper.
Old 07-06-2011 | 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i had an open ended filter with my cuda II, never had issues with hydro lock. a little water doesn't hurt anything.

hell, i sucked up a good amount of water in the srt-4 and after about 20 min of smoke and spudder, it was totally fine.

to hydro lock you have to suck up a LOT of water.

i had the AEM in the tib and it rained a LOT in michigan and went through 2-4" of water during the rainy season almost every year and never had an issue with it.

i really don't think, especially with the plexi, you would have any issues with this setup pictured.