Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

wow i really like this guy

Old 05-22-2010 | 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

what drives me even more nuts about the whole "mexican american" is the fact that the mexican heritage is placed first in the equation

if anything turn it around "american mexican"

my pops was from mexico you dont see me waving any flags or getting mexico tattooed on my body

what the hell has mexico ever done for me?

what has any of my forefathers country of origin done for me? why should i be proud of a country that was so shitty my family moved to get away from it?
Old 05-22-2010 | 04:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

think if he went back to taiwan and said he was a Tiawanese-American they would give 2 shits?

i'm sure they have! regardless of his approval, Barack Obama is nothing short of a hero in Indonesia, they have made statues of him, yet he only spent something like up to the fifth grade there.

i disagree with you guys on the flag part though. the Danish ship that came before the Mayflower carried Polish workers and other settlers that built the foundations of this country. The Polish carried out the first Labor Union strikes in Jamestown! this may sound like i'm making this up, but the entire Revolution was funded by a Polish Jew. There were many Polish units in both the Revolution and the Civil War; awarded by Lincoln himself. George Washington's Leading General, Tadeusz Kosciuszko's statue in front of the White House:
and Washington's best friend and second Leading General in the South who saved the United States from British defeat and died in the line of duty:

and you guys are telling me i cannot proudly fly the Polish flag? ...or is it because people are upset like they are now who are completely clueless nor or care to know of the history of their own nation?

additionally, when Poland got invaded, bombed, and burned to the ground, they received absolutely NO help from the Americans, not even to present day. General Patton demanded to help the Poles which would have ended the war and holocaust early, but he was denied this.

What is America? there is no one definition for it. it's so divided it's no joke! diversity capital of the world! classes! you name it! Politics are separate from the general welfare, and the welfare is separated from the welfare, and the welfare is paying for the welfare... if anyone has a question of why people in America do not consider themselves Americans, fly out to the rest of the world and discover it for yourselves. American schools accept thousands of foreigners to their Universities before their own grown! The same with jobs and careers! this is just one example of how the definition of American pride is just a little offset. i will say wake up, the tides have turned from the ways of the past. being a good American citizen may also be the equivalent of being a good American criminal as they are now equal.
Old 05-22-2010 | 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Ive spent a good amount of time elsewhere and would rather be here. If we are so bad and other countries are so much better then this shouldn't even be a thread because no one would be coming here.

The entire American Revolution was funded by one person? wow way to spin the sh*t out of that and make it sound like it came out of that guys bank account. He was acting as an agent (and not the only one Im sure) and got money from other countries such as France... but fund it himself? LOL

The national debt after the American Revolution fell into three categories. The first was the $11 million owed to foreigners—mostly debts to France during the American Revolution. The second and third—roughly $24 million each—were debts owed by the national and state governments to Americans who had sold food, horses, and supplies to the revolutionary forces. Congress agreed that the power and the authority of the new government would pay for the foreign debts. There were also other debts that consisted of promissory notes issued during the Revolutionary War to soldiers, merchants, and farmers who accepted these payments on the premise that the new Constitution would create a government that would pay these debts eventually. The war expenses of the individual states added up to $114,000,000, compared to $37 million by the central government.[101] In 1790, at the recommendation of first Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton, Congress combined the state debts with the foreign and domestic debts into one national debt totaling $80 million. Everyone received face value for wartime certificates, so that the national honor would be sustained and the national credit established.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haym_Solomon

Old 05-22-2010 | 06:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if anything turn it around "american mexican"

hahahaha. well WWII took everything from us, our professionals, our intelligence, spoils, riches and turned it into a 3rd world country. a country with a fragile and corrupt structure doesn't have the means to build itself up in one lifetime, unless you're Hugo Chavez and pay neighboring debts off by charging Americans with increased oil prices haha. i don't think it has as much to do with this country being "the best" as those countries being ancient and America's history being relatively new. the reason Mexicans, and South Americans are coming here is because they need to take advantage of that. the only way this can be stopped is to make sure their countries are stable. it's all turmoil down there, especially the half-million killed in the Mexican Revolution of 1810! That's almost as much as the entire Civil War, yet nobody even talks about it!

He was acting as an agent (and not the only one Im sure) and got money from other countries such as France... but fund it himself? LOL

thank you for looking that up. i forgot to type in his name. okay he did not personally fund the entire war. how he raised the money is not what's in question, but that he was there and that he did it. he raised the money to fund the patriotic cause, often funding it himself. without him, the revolutionaries wouldn't have stood much of a chance.

Ive spent a good amount of time elsewhere and would rather be here. If we are so bad and other countries are so much better then this shouldn't even be a thread because no one would be coming here.

with no doubt, i completely agree and that is why people choose to bring their families here! i'm not saying i'm not a patriot because i am for that reason, but the definition is different for a lot of different people, for a lot of different reasons. patriotism has decreased because this country is divided. anyone ever been in Miami Intl Airport and tell me what you hear on the loudspeakers? If American's are getting booted from their own territory, then Paul Revere has lost his horse.
Old 05-22-2010 | 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

how he raised the money is not what's in question

I didn't dispute that he helped, but the way you put it originally made it seem like that is what you meant. You Sir, should run for office laugh.gif
Old 05-22-2010 | 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

WOW! rolleyes.gif
Old 05-25-2010 | 04:05 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

HKC, you're missing my point.

I never said Poland sucks. I did say Mexico sucks, but that is, IMO, a fact. As far as Poland goes, a lot of Polish people must have thought it sucked more than America would otherwise not that many would have Immigrated to the US. The foundation of the US was built almost entirely by foreign immigrants. After they come here though, they should be an American from Germany (for example), not a German living in America. Those two conditions are fundamentally different, and what I have an issue with.

The reason to not fly the flag of Poland is not because Poland sucks, it's because Poland isn't where you live and as an American citizen it's not the country you should identify with the most. If you do truly identify with Poland more, I don't see any reason in the world not to move to the country that you hold dearest in your heart.