Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: If you found 100 thousand dollars in a bathroom, would you return it?
HEEELLLLL NOOOO!!!!! SHOPPING SPREEE...WOO HOO!
70.00%
I'm an honest angel and I would return it faithfully
30.00%
I would return some of it, and keep some for myself
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Woman Finds $100K and returns it....

Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 accent

QUOTE(Visionz @ Dec 11 2008, 06:30 AM)
If it was a big check, or in big bills....I would most likely return it. But the fact that its more than likely drug money....I dont know. I think the drug dealers of the world could do without 100K that they lost. tongue.gif

I read more on this last night. In the purse was an envelope containing 97 $1000 bills and photos of the owners daughter. cool.gif

No, it wasn't money to do a hit, it was the payoff for a home sale, and the semi-senile old lady who owned it was being driven across the country (by a relative) to find a new home after she sold the old one. rolleyes.gif

So, yes, it'd probably be hard to spend $1000 bills and stay below the radar. The US Mint stopped making them in '69, but estimates there are still 1600 or so of the $1000 bills out there, most in the hands of collectors.

ETA: The old lady offered $1000 to the finder, who declined, because she figured the old lady needed it more. The finder was amused to find that the old lady missed the picture of her daughter more than the money.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Couldn't spend the $1k bills so I would have turned it into the cops and hoped nobody came to claim it.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ I agree. NY has a 48 hour claim policy I think. If no one claims it in that time, its returned to who ever found it. Needless to say, after turning it in, I would be sitting by my phone for the next 2 days hoping for that magical phone call telling me to come pick up my 100 G's! laugh.gif