Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Wii

Old 11-22-2006 | 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yup.

If you look at it, it's an very thin strap where it actually connects. I wonder if it loops around a metal piece on the Wiimote.

Anyways, a thicker strap and they shouldn't have any problems.
Old 11-22-2006 | 11:02 AM

that sucks that he missed up his hand. i see a little xbox 360 icon at the bottom of you redzman. lol, its all good
Old 11-22-2006 | 11:11 AM

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Nov 22 2006, 08:40 AM)
I'm not gonna get into the neverending argument on which is better, cause some people here are PS/Xbox nazis fo life!

But the Wii is obviously taking a positive jump into the future since it's getting kids off their lazy asses. DDR is another example. Kids these days are fat and lazy, and I doubt you can ever pry them from their console. But the Wii is kind of sneaking in the exercise that kids have been lacking for the past decade. The fact that Zoned said he worked up a sweat in a "game" impressed me.
That in itself deserves a two thumbs from me no matter how unrealistic the graphics seem to you.

After the first day of playing my Wii was and still am sore, especially my right arm...

The people that broke there strings... You barely have to move to swing your swords or point your gun, They had to be playin WAY to hard, if you manage to break the string.
Old 11-22-2006 | 12:15 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I like that the Wii isnt trying to compete, its doing its own thing. But I hate it when Nintendo fanboys try to say that the Wii is better then the PS3 or 360. Sure to them it might be more fun, maybe they like playing zelda for some reason or tetris...whatever. You can say you like the Wii better, but dont try to tell me that its a better system.

I have a friend who bought a 360 played it on his 50" RCA tube TV and decided he didnt like the graphics...I tried to tell him its his tv but he wouldnt listen so he returned it.
Old 11-22-2006 | 03:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

twilight princess looks like a beauty, although the graphics aren't too different from 128-bit, the game looks really beautiful. it looks mature and very much like a continuation of the classics. but that's just the game, not the system.
Old 11-22-2006 | 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I played it. It is a lot of fun.
Old 11-22-2006 | 04:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i would probably just buy it because of that game. hellishly expensive though. plus i'm kind of beat out of videogames. need to concentrate on professional goals and being more outside haha.

anyways, i think it would be fun to play, but the controllers are retarded.
Old 11-22-2006 | 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

All I gotta say is if people are breaking wrist bands and throwing controllers resulting in damaging items in their house or actually injurying themselves, then they MUST be really damn excited about what they are playing and its gotta be fun as hell! I love the Donkey Konga games on the GameCube. My sister has them and its so refreshing to play a game in a new manner, not just the same old same old with the same controller and varied story plots.

I will probably own BOTH a Wii AND either a PS3 or a 360. The Wii will definatley be in my living room. PS3 or 360, well, I've yet to play the PS3, and honestly, the 360 has not impressed me at all. I've played games ported to both the xbox and the 360, and other then a little better resolution, no difference IMO. I'll probably wait for the next generation media wars (BlueRay/HD-DVD) to play out before I commit to buying either system. So, Xbox and Playstation will get the shaft from me this year.
Old 11-22-2006 | 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I tell ya what man, try hooking up a xbox to a TV with Composite cables, then the 360 with Composite cables. HUGE difference, on even the SAME game.
Old 11-28-2006 | 12:43 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2000

I'm not a Nintendo fan but I have to admit that they have good games and with the Wii they did good with those controlers, they also sell regular controlers and you can connect GC controler.

Nintendo solution is inovative gameplay, they can't stand against Microsoft or Sony, and I think they found a way to stay in the game!

As for the 360 / PS3 "OMG WHAT A GREAT GAME THIS IS!!" just because they have better graphics, it's just BS ... the game is not better because it's nicer, it's the same game! I may get flame for saying this but Gears of War was not close to a 9.5/10 game ... hell it scenario problems and it's still using the lame "boss at the end" ... WOW! what an innovation!!! ... I'm not saying the game is not good!!! stay with me here, it's a good game, yes, but it's not worth the 9.5 or 10 it got!

The problem now is that games are only good if they are multiplayer, single player is often let down to multiplayer profit ... and to me it's just plain BS, single player is where innovations are seen and later on are put in multiplayer, a good multiplayer but bad singleplayer game is not a perfect game (at least ot me and some others I know).

Anyway, this was just my opinion, Wii is a good console and I think it can stand against the 360 and the PS3!

And for the wrist band I agreed that they must be WAY too exited or something, we have a lot here at work and none have broken!