Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Why are Women, .... Women?

Old 04-13-2010 | 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default Why are Women, .... Women?

so i don't want to get into detail basics
- been dating 10 months
- wanted a break to figure out who she was, and what she wants.
- says she still loves me
- i've been ignoring her cause thats bullshit, and shes been treating me terribly cause of this.
- she always said she wanted to get married or whatever in the future, but is scared of only dating me?

like i tried really hard for a week or two to fix this and show her, but she still wanted this break to hang out with friends, and find out who she was. which is okay, i can handle that.

we haven't been talking for about a week or so, haven't hung out in like 2-3 weeks.

here's the catch, i see her like everyday at school and she's in my class.

and her facebook statuses and like, shes killing herself inside and feels miserable when she has time to think, cause she misses me and what not.

what i don't get, why does she do that to herself... i mean, is that not self explanatory that she obviously still loves me and she's making herself miserable?

anyways, what do you guys think i should do... just finish out school for another month, ignore her in class and don't talk to her. (which i have been doing)

or another approach?

Btw, i'm in college. i can understand she is curious about only dating me, but niether of us are the hook up type of people, or date a lot of people, people lol.

so i dont know, i switched to this college for her, and she f*cked me over... i'm going back to my old college either may or august... and i told her if she kisses another guy or doesn't fix "us" by then it's over.

i'm not really waiting on her, if i get the chance to chill with some other girls, i will, but it's hard to just throw away 10 months and it seems like not a lot... but we have a history and spent a lot of time together.

anyways, i was just ranting, please do not flame...

thanks guys!
Old 04-13-2010 | 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I don't need to read any more than the first couple of sentences to tell you what's going on. There's someone else she likes and wants to date. However, she wants to be able to come back to you if it doesn't work out. She also doesn't want to feel like she's cheating on you even though that's exactly what she'll be doing. Break up with her. If she fights and says she doesn't want to break up, tell her that her taking a break doesn't work for you and you need to figure out what the problem is. If she leaves without a fight, then it was never going to work out anyways.
Old 04-13-2010 | 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i8 is right.... sorry man
Old 04-13-2010 | 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've been in basically that exact situation..and unfortunately..it was because the chick liked another person..it was actually her ex..at first it was just them hanging out, which im cool with..but then she started texting less and actually blew me off to go hang out with him..so I drew the line, she said she needed time apart to figure out what she wants..and this is when I figured out she was starting to like him..and so I left. wasn't going to deal with that BS when there's plenty of other people..sorry man, it happens though..(we had been dating a year and a half)
Old 04-13-2010 | 03:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

On a relationship scale 10 months is nothing.

Chalk this up to experience and move on.
Old 04-13-2010 | 03:42 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I agree with everyone. Dump her.
Old 04-13-2010 | 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

In the words of Tom Lykis "Dump that b*tch!"
Old 04-13-2010 | 08:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

rolleyes.gif Hi Stacey!!!.... cool.gif
Old 04-14-2010 | 12:32 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Asscent 2008

Hey 10 months is not a big deal.You can't trust a relationship of 10 months.Its better to give some more time to your relation,then have good experience.
Old 04-14-2010 | 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 turbo elantra

How long was her longest relationship? She may not be interested in another guy but she could be starting to freak out that this is getting to be a long term kind of thing. Shes probably feeling that the one year mark is almost there and this is making her think and get scared.