Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Why Did You Buy Your Tib?

Old 07-26-2005 | 06:50 AM

I totaled my celica back in late november i think. then i went 3 months with no car and was driving my grandmas jeep lol. i was looking for a car CONSTANTLY. i sit here at work and screw around online all day. i REALLy wanted a prelude. but since i couldnt find a 97-01 in my price range i was lookin for 92-96. but could not find one in halfway decent shape. then i wanted a 6th gen celica(similar to rd2) but again for a newer one it was outta my price range. then i settled for the tib. wasnt thrilled because i thought the front looked weird. but its growing on me. lol 2 months after i bought it i wanted to sell it :-/ sorry guys. just wanted an old f-body mustang. but my mom bout killed me when i pitched the idea of getting an older car with more hp lol and RWD. what sucks though is once i bought my tib i seroiusly have seen almost 8 more! that were NEVER here before. and if i can i try to get their attention and see if they want to mod, if they do i point them in this direction(the site lol)
Old 07-26-2005 | 09:59 AM

Saw the commercial where the Tibby goes under the boat like a shark and thought it was pretty cool. Never did see the 2000 but a friends, friend got a 01 andas soon as I saw it I had to have one. Been in love every since.
Old 07-26-2005 | 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I bought a 96 Accent GT and always loved the Tibs since then, but couldn't afford one. I was always jealous of the Tib guys on FXtreme. When I got a higher paying job and the Accent starting getting old, I traded it in for the Tib.
I still want to find my old Accent and try to buy it back though. sad.gif
Old 07-26-2005 | 05:57 PM

QUOTE (auburnfan @ Jul 26 2005, 10:59 AM)
Saw the commercial where the Tibby goes under the boat like a shark and thought it was pretty cool. Never did see the 2000 but a friends, friend got a 01 andas soon as I saw it I had to have one. Been in love every since.

off topic but....

does anyone have the commercial of when the tib first came out, it showed a shark fin tearing through a highway. for some reason ive allways remembered that commercial, and havent been able to find it.