Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Why Did You Buy Your Tib?

Old 07-24-2005 | 12:51 AM

My Dad had bought it off the lot and had it for a while. He wanted to get another car and offer to me to buy it off of him. I was really impressed with the look and feel of it so I bought it.
I never was into the whole impart scene of fixing up the cars untill I got my Tib. Ever since then I have been very happy with it.
Old 07-24-2005 | 01:18 AM

Was looking for a new car, and I was going to share a car with my brother for a while and we were both looking into the new GK Tib. Couldn't afford one of course, and we wanted our own seperate cars, which cut our budget in half. Saw one of the nicest Tibs on Cars.com after months of searching. Went to the dealership, test drove some cars and the Tib was by far the best looking and most fun to drive! Got it for $6,500 and my friends never believe me when I tell them I got it for that price. There is not a car that is NEARLY as good looking for that kind of price.
Old 07-24-2005 | 01:28 AM

Ok, I did have a chance to get an H22 Prelude at the nissan place, but they also had this car that i have never seen before. The Tiburon. So, I took a look on the outside and it looked great and took a look in the inside and it looked all futuristic and never seen 'em around. Even though it was an Auto, I still baught it. It was sexy and is even more sexier now. laugh.gif
Old 07-24-2005 | 02:20 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Drove from WI to VA to get a GSX, sold it before I got there.
Saw the tib and just had to have it..it was so sexy but an auto 02.gif
That's all changed now though!
Old 07-24-2005 | 05:34 AM

Before my Tib I had an 88 Hyundai Excel GS... great little car that only let me down when I badly abused it. After 167,000 miles since I bought it new, it was time to find a new car.

I had considered the Toyota MR2, but I already owned a running convertable, and those have NO trunks. The subaru Impreza RS was nice, availible as a coupe', but I wanted a hatchback.. and the Tiburon looked REALLY nice... and it came with ameriacs Best (voided) warrenty.

Looks, practicality, and reliability.. three great combinations. I also spent 16,000 to buy mine. I could have gotten a lot of cars for that amount of money back in 99...

What was strange.. the dealership had 15 tibs on the lot... Today it is rare to see a tiburon in these parts.. I wonder where they all went?
Old 07-24-2005 | 07:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had a deal to buy a mustang gt, had to go back the next day with a check, my mom talked to my gpa and he said no, it was manual i/h/e very nicely kept 11,000, i think about 30,000 on a 2001, then I didnt really want a mustang if I couldnt get a gt, so next I went to the place with a tib and cogar, I liked the tib a lot but my mom thought it was too small, I loved the way it looked and handled, and the sound of reving it out too, it was an auto which my mom made another requirement after the gt, so I got some stuff online that said the tib had good crash ratings and bought it
Old 07-24-2005 | 08:55 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I was very close to buying a 95 Probe GT. I went with my dad to test drive one, but the interior was rattling and had some shitty aftermarket speakers.

Then as we were on our way back we passed by the Hyundai dealership. We got out and looked around. My dad really liked the RD's looks so he said if I wanted a Tiburon he would let me go as far as 7k (My mom has an Accent and he loves it cause there is nothing wrong with it). SO I started looking around and after about 3 weeks I found the perfect car....
Old 07-24-2005 | 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well

my dad sold my monte carlo and my mom kept braking down in the minivan
my dad refused to fix it(ass) becuase he had to work long hours i tried to fix it but it still kept blowing axles
so me and my mom decided to get a new car

we were going to get a accent gt 2 door(what i originally wanted) but my mom realized she will need a car with a back seat to fit all of us
we looked at the cavi man that took some convincing to my mom that it was a pile
then we looked at the corolla and that was too expensive
looked at the neon and almost smacked her for conciderin it (j/k)
then when we finally had given up and were going to just get a 4 door accent for 9700
southwest hyundai decided to advertise a elantra for 10500 we were like right on
it was great though cuz the one they advertised was supposed to be 13k but they wanted a nice car in the commercial so they picked any and since we were there they HAD to give us the car for that price (false advertising and we could get it for half...)

so that day we drove home in a mystic teal 2000 elantra
and 2 years later she finally gave it to me which was the original deal
but sence i promised to pay half (i had 2500 for a dp) i just ended up payin her $100 a month until i paid the car off 3 years later then i got the title in my name

what we did is we opened up a credit card in both of our names and after my cash dp we paid the rest on the card so we would have the title the same month
Old 07-24-2005 | 09:42 AM

First time I saw her she was being pulled behind a truck on a trailer because she had been hit in the passengers side front. That didn't matter though I was looking for a first car and fell in love with her as soon as I saw her, but my dad didn't know anything about Hyundai so he said no, I talked him into it after some research and we got her for $1,200 and bought another one for $1,500 to fix her. When everything was all said and done we spent about $3,000, which is really good since she only had 28,000 miles.
Old 07-24-2005 | 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

Got mine as a bank repo for $550.

Need a transmission, that was nothing to replace.

Love the choice i made smile.gif