Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Why Did You Buy Your Tib?

Old 07-23-2005 | 09:28 PM

Well..it was relatively cheap. Of course, at the time I bought my first Tib, I didn't know much about Tibs. It stood out from the rest of the econoboxes.

However...knowing a lot more about the Tib and Hyundais, it did influence me into getting another Tib (especially since it was dirt cheap)...and it's relatively cheap to restore.

Yeah, I had a choice to get something better....like an Eclipse GSX or a Talon TSi. But no one's successfully swapped the entire powertrain of the Santa Fe into the RD Tibs, yet...let alone an AWD version of the Beta. Hence, why the RD Tib was a good platform to get and set a new standard for state-side Tibs.

cool.gif

Share your reasons why you bought your Tib.
Old 07-23-2005 | 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Well, I spent alot of time at TeamSr.org (LOL) because I had a 2001 Kia Sephia. I saw for the most part the Tibs had the biggest tuner following so I started looking around for a used one. When I found my 99 at the dealership there was also a 2000, but it was an auto so I stayed away from it.
Old 07-23-2005 | 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Truthfully, I got it because I had no choice and no time.

I wanted another Nissan but none lived up to my dad's standards so we went to this big dealership and the only decent car was the tib and a mustang. My dad pointed the Tib out. The mustang was sold so I just got the tib because I sold my old car and needed a car the next day.

Yes, planning would have helped in that situation but hey I am happy with my Tib now. smile.gif
Old 07-23-2005 | 10:04 PM

My Thunderbird got 18 mpg on a good tank, and I needed a fuel efficient car, so I looked into the obvious of Corolla S, Celicas and Integras, but they're all played out and everyone has those. I wanted a car that not many people I knew had, and had an aftermarket and got good gas mileage, then it was just a matter of finding one.
Old 07-23-2005 | 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

In 1997, I was in Middle school... i had a Hyundai Accent Brochure .. but one of the Mexican Gangsters ripped it up, then beat me up. I walked to the Hyundai Dealer again to get another brochure.. this time i picked up Hyundai Tiburon Brochure.. and it was my dream car ever since. in 2003 i came back from OPeration Iraqi Freedom and I had some cahs to spend. So i decided to get a new car.

I saw this tiburon for sale on the Internet. next day I saw it in real life.. I wiped the tears off of her face.. then we started to talk. I told her that I would buy her.. I still love her and will keep her forever.

The end.
Old 07-23-2005 | 10:06 PM

Best car for the money. I almost bought a Prelude, test drove a bunch on a few car shopping trips to DC and MD, since there's hardly any in VA available. Test drove and considered several Celicas as well, all 2000+ model years.

Even though my brother had a '97 tiburon FX with no problems, I have to admit that I was somewhat biased against Hyundais until I started doing research. Reliability reports by Consumer Reports and others are probably what made me decide on a Tib. That and the fact that there are no other cars in the same category that offer anywhere near as much value. I saved probably $5k with a Tiburon.
Old 07-23-2005 | 11:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Needed an I-4 with good gas mileage. Saw the Tib, thought it was purty, ran good, was restored well (mine is salvage title), only 5k miles. Easy buy. wink1.gif
Old 07-23-2005 | 11:59 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I wanted something different and not just another Honda or Mustang that you see everywhere. I bought mine 9/9/00 and it's still rare to see one around Nashville
Old 07-24-2005 | 12:12 AM

i wanted something sporty like a teg or prelude but my dad wouldnt let me get it cuz he said they were too sporty. so i looked through ads and found a tiburon, thought it looked pretty nice. and it was rare which was cool. now i think they look as good as tegs or even better from the right angle smile.gif
Old 07-24-2005 | 12:35 AM

Had an auto XD before with some nice mods, but realized that stock 5 speed would own my auto any day, so I started looking for another XD on stick, but couldn't find anything in my price range, then happened to find my tib for pretty cheap and got it smile.gif