Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Is Sarah Palin?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

^^^^ fing02.gif
Old 09-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (demon_wolf @ Sep 3 2008, 12:17 AM)
actually no majik, i am very knowledgeable about BOTH parties
Then why don't you enlighten us all?
but pidlley pissing matches like this shit is why i stay out of it.
the only SHIT I've seen in this thread is your post. TC, TibbyTib, myself, and Red_z have all appeared very calm in my opinion. We're debating back and forth, providing reasonable arguments in each person's rebuttal. I've yet to see a "pidley pissing match" or "shit" in this thread until you appeared.
as to why i should have to defend and or prove my decision to ANYBODY is not really something i enjoy.
You don't have to DEFEND anything. I'm interested in WHY you feel the way you do, or believe what you believe. I want others to try to convince me why I should or should not view a politician OR issue a certain way. Maybe I'm not looking at it from all angles? Maybe I've developed tunnel vision and can't see someone elses point of view? This is an opportunity to change my mind with facts, or maybe I'll change yours.
partially because not everyone has every fact an alot of people argue while not knowing fully what they are arguing about an only go off the facts they see off television because they are to lazy to do any of their own research an learn about the topics at hand an the politicians stance on those issues or let fear of change, i.e. last election keep them from believing their research even tho its been proven by more than a few other sources.
wow, hard to follow that last one, but I think you're saying people aren't knowledgeable about the issues? I agree. So, if you are 'very knowledgeable about BOTH parties" then PLEASE give your two cents and point out what it is we're missing. I'd prefer to have a debate that teaches and informs rather than an "I'm right and you're wrong" blowout. Through this discussion, I'm a little more apprised of the issues affecting homosexual rights. My stance has not changed, but I'm more aware than I was.
No Majik i stay out of political arguments because i am knowledgeable an i deal with stupid people everyday at work an dont feel like arguing or proving myself to anyne in my free time, no matter who or how knowledgeable they are.
end rant/
Then please, don't post here anymore. We don't want arguing, we don't want anyone to feel they have to prove themselves. It's just an easy discussion where people are giving opinions, facts, views, and listening to others.

It appears you can't handle it, so stop bringing shit into this thread.
Everything seemed quite calm to me until your post appeared.

Thank you for your rant.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

You mean becoming knowledgeable enough about a topic to be able to defend it against rebuttal? Something that makes you THINK and get involved, rather than say, "That person sounds like (s)he knows what (s)he's talking about" and just going with the flow?

thats the pidley ass pissing match im talking about. go ahead an use your mod rights to ban me but i thought id point that out for ya.,
Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm voting Obama
QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Aug 30 2008, 04:50 PM)
Elaborate a little bit man. What is swinging you that way?

We've had republicans in office for too long. It's time for change. We are a democratic society, and republicans.. well, they treat the country as a republic.

Democrats values can be generally categorized by everything you think about when you think of hippies. We are in a war which we have no business being in. Trust me, I spent a year and some change over in Iraq. I'm voting democratic. Sometimes you just need to put a flower in your hair, hold up 2 fingers and say "peace man".

Seriously, democrats are the way out of war. Republicans generally beef up on military.

Yeah, sure, bush came in and gave us military guys an extra raise. He also put us military guys to work, alot harder then most people wanted to. We're fighting 2 war fronts right now and stretched pretty thin. The country's economy has gone down hill. Wait, did anyone stop to think where the funding for the millions of gallons of fuel needed to power humvees and generators for soldiers overseas is comming from? $2.80/gal?

A republican decision to fight an entire global war on terrorism got us here.

And for my final point, I'm pulling the race card. I hate racism. I hate race cards. I could car less about skin color. I'm tired of hearing "they're trying to keep the black man down". It's more prominent in the southern countires. If we vote a black man as president, then we white people could have a race card of our own. Think about it.

I'm throwing in some satire i've found.

August 30, 2008

Sarah Palin

Barack Obama

Office being sought

Vice President

President of the United States and Leader of the Free World

Full name

Sarah Louise Heath Palin

Barack Hussein Obama II

Nickname

Sarah Barracuda

Barry Obama; “The Oneâ€Â

Public opinion

Smoking hot in a “naughty librarian†sort of way

May be The Messiah

Children

5: two sons, three daughters

2: two daughters

Religion/Church attendance

Evangelical Christian;

attends Juneau Christian Center when in Juneau and grew up attending Wasilla Assembly of God

Attended Trinity United Church of Christ for 20 years, a “black liberation theology†church formerly led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright and governed according to the Black Value System

Current Job

Governor of Alaska

Junior Senator from Illinois

Previous Public Jobs

Mayor of Wasilla, AK (1996-2002); President of Alaska Conference of Mayors;

City Council member (1992-1996)

State Senator (1997-2004);

Community Organizer

Executive Experience

Governor for 2 years;

Mayor for 10 years

None

Foreign Relations experience

Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)

Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;

once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans

Military Affairs experience

Commander in Chief of Alaska National Guard;

Son is enlisted Infantryman in U.S. Army

None

Private Sector Experience

Sports reporter;

Salmon fisherman

Associate at civil rights law firm

Speaking ability

Beautifully executed initial stump speech in Dayton, OH hockey arena without a teleprompter

An enter…wait�"did you say without a teleprompter??

Spouse’s name

Todd Mitchell Palin

Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama

Spouse’s occupation

Salmon fisherman;

Former North Slope production supervisor for BP Oil

Vice President for Community and External Affairs at University of Chicago Hospitals;

former Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago;

former Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies;

former Assistant to the Mayor of Chicago;

former associate at Sidley Austin law firm

Reaction to spouse’s political success

Quit 17-year BP oil job when BP became involved in natural gas pipeline negotiations with wife’s administration

Promoted and given 160% pay raise by UofC hospitals within months of husband’s election to U.S. Senate;

Employer received $1,000,000.00 federal earmark, requested by husband, after her promotion

Coolest thing about Spouse

Tesoro Iron Dog Snowmobile race champion (longest snowmobile race in the world);

In 2008, while defending his championship, was injured when he was thrown 70 feet from his machine. He was sent to the hospital but still finished in fourth place

Sister of Oregon State University head basketball coach Craig Robinson

Most Courageous Moment in Public Service

Resigned in protest from position of Ethics Commissioner of Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders, including the former state Attorney General and the State GOP Chairman (who was also an Oil & Gas Commissioner), who was doing work for the party on public time and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.

Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators in Hyde Park in 2002

In Current Office Because…

Upset sitting Governor in GOP primary due to public support for her efforts to clean up corrupt government establishment

Republican opponent, who was leading in the polls, was forced to leave race after unsealing of divorce records exposed a sex scandal

Theme:

Change and Clean Government

Hope and Change;

“Bringing Change from Outside Washingtonâ€Â

What they’ve done to live that theme:

Replaced entire Board of Agriculture and Conservation because of conflict of interest;

Resigned from position of Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose corruption among members of own party

Selected 36-year incumbent Senator as running mate

Family Affairs

May have removed State Public Safety Commissioner as part of effort to protect sister in messy divorce and child custody battle

Often says, “I am my brother’s keeperâ€Â;

Brother lives in a hut in Nairobi on $12 per year

Union affiliation

Union member, married to Union member

Endorsed by a union

Iraq and Troop Support

Formerly (pre-surge) critical of apparent lack of long-term strategy for Iraq;

Visited wounded U.S. soldiers in Germany;

visited AK National Guard soldiers deployed to Kuwait;

Son deploying to Iraq on 9/11/08 as Army infantryman

Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators;

almost visited wounded troops in Germany, but decided to go shopping in Berlin instead

Bipartisan/â€Âmaverick†credentials

Married to a non-Republican;

Exposed corruption within own party;

Campaigned for Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell against corrupt GOP congressman Don Young;

Called out Sen Ted Stevens (R-AK) to “come clean†about financial dealings that are under fed investigation

Talks about bipartisanship

Legislative Record

Passed a landmark ethics reform bill;

Used veto to cut budgetary spending;

Prevented “bridge to nowhere†that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.

Voted “present†over 100 times as IL state senator

How they dealt with corrupt individuals in home city/state

Exposed legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders;

Campaigned against corrupt GOP Representative;

Ran against and defeated corrupt incumbent governor in GOP primary

Launched political career in home of unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers (and still refers to him as a part of “mainstream Democratic Chicagoâ€Â;

Purchased home with help of convicted felon Tony Rezko

Guns

Lifetime member of NRA and avid hunter;

video can be found on YouTube of Palin firing an M4 at a military firing range

Worked to pass legislation in Illinois that would prevent all law-abiding citizens from owning firearms

Earmarks

Opposed “Bridge to Nowhere†project;

Said Alaska should avoid relying on federal money for projects;

Campaigned against porker Don Young (R-AK) in 2008 primary

Secured federal earmarks for wife’s employer and for campaign bundlers

Abortion

Pro life;

gave birth to 5th child knowing that he would have Down’s syndrome

Pro-choice;

only IL state sen. to speak against the Born Alive Infant’s Protection Act, which required medical care to be given to live infants who survived abortions

Energy

Believes energy independence is a matter of national security;

For drilling in ANWR, which is in her state

Says Americans should “get tune-ups†and “check tire pressureâ€Â;

Says “we can’t expect the world to be okay with†our use of heating and air conditioning

Environment

Chair of Alaska Conservation Commission (2003-4);

Announced plans to create sub-cabinet group of advisors to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in AK

Talks about the environment a lot

Athletic prowess

Runs marathons

Has reporters tailing him to the gym

Fark.com's Photoshop theme: Obama and McCain need some campaing posters that really target the online demographic. Let's help them out http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...IDLink=3776985

Vote here after some campaigning http://www.peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM

^ I just read a quote that echoes those sentiments: "People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example, than the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

The more I read/learn about Palin, the more I dislike her/the idea of her. She's a devout Christian, yet her 17 year old unmarried daughter is 5 months pregnant. Kinda contradicts Christian beliefs. Plus, she has a year and a half of experience as governor. Of ALASKA. Whoop-dee-do. My home town's population is bigger than Alaska's total population.

2 of her kids names are, get this, TRIG and TRACK. WTF?????

And as to why I like Hillary so much - her husband is undoubtedly one of the best presidents in US history. The fact that she stood by him during the whole intern scandal speaks volumes. She is a strong woman and will one day be the first woman president.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Bill clinton is one of the worst presidents we ever had. Don't agree? You didn't serve under him. The budget got better because of the policies of Bush SR, he just rode them. His policies are the reason our military was so under funded, under equipped, and the intelligence was so bad. Should we possibly remember ALL of the terrorist attacks that happened to the US and it's interests under his reign?

How bout the failure of Somalia? Wow, it's going great over there now that we left right?

And DTN, let me get this right, you are voting for Obama because Bush made you put your training to use?

Unkay....
Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 PM

OK One thing I dont like is people voting for a party instead of an individual.

Lets not bring race into this. People are thinking racism will go away if Obama is president, it wont. It never will. White people will soon be the minority in this country. One thing I would love to see is doing something about all the illegals in the country. If we didnt spend so much money on them we most likely wouldnt have to import all this oil. A lot of people dont see how huge of an expense it is to KEEP illegal immigrants here. Thats ridiculous.

Also dont think that Palins experience should be brought up so much. I would rather have someone with little/no experience as the Vice President instead of the President.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 PM

Should we possibly remember ALL of the terrorist attacks that happened to the US and it's interests under his reign?

Go for it.

The first attack on the World Trade Center occurred in 1993, at the beginning of Clinton's presidency. Withing 4 years, 6 people were convicted of carrying out the bombing, INCLUDING the mastermind. Yet 7 years after 9-11, we're in a completely different country and Bin Laden is running around who knows where.

You didn't serve under him

So what? Just because I never served in the military doesn't mean I'm less of a citizen. I was this close to joining the airforce while in high school, but after visiting the recruiter I said no thanks. That's my choice, no one forced you to serve and just because you did doesn't make you god.

How bout the failure of Somalia? Wow, it's going great over there now that we left right?

So, why should the US be the police of the world when the country itself is declining? What about health care and protection for our own citizens? What really got me today was 3 years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans is still struggling to rebuild. They made everyone evacuate for Gustav just in case it became another Katrina. Yet here goes Bush sending $1 BILLION of our money off to GEORGIA, despite the fact that RUSSIA has already begun to help rebuild there. It all comes down to politics, and in this case, politics trump humanitarianism.

Bill clinton is one of the worst presidents we ever had.

So that must be why he left office with a 65% approval rating, despite the fact that he had been impeached. Bush's current approval rating is 29%. In April 2008, his disapproval rating was the lowest ever recorded in Gallup polling history: 69%.

Nope, don't see Clinton in there.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

http://www.mobog.com/p/257t34

Welcome to Myspace meet the real world.

Very questionable.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Shes hot.

Honestly, who cares? This is 2008, teens drink. End of story. What actually matters is if they are responsible. Obviously her mom isnt clueless about it. I think people will just see her as a normal mom really.