Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Is Sarah Palin?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I also agree that it will never completely be illegal or go away. Of the people I have known there was one case that was similar to yours, Missy. She was 17 and had no steady job, was kicked out of her parents house and living with grandparents, ther boyfriend (who would have been father) was a complete ass, treated her like shit and didnt care about her at all.

For months after that she was so sick physically and emotionally. She couldnt live with herself and her body was completely messed up. She has been hurt ever since and just hasnt been the same.

I think this is straying more and more off topic now...
Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I agree.

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Aug 30 2008, 10:11 PM)
Didn't know we had so many homophobes here. That sucks.

ANd that's helpful how?

Why is it that there is always someone that thinks that those of us that are against GAY Marriage are homophobes?

Explain it to me?

I grew up in the SF Bay area, I had a lot of gay friends, roomates, bi girlfriends, all of it. I've been in some sexual situations that would make anyone here blush. I'm far from anti gay. I've been picked up on by gay or bi men in the past, and I was never violent or rude towards them. It's flattering, but I'm sorry, it's not my thing.

Marriage is between man and woman. Simple. You are NOT born gay, doesnt' matter what anyone says. Out of the HUNDREDS of gay friends I've had, not one of them, not a SINGLE ONE, had a decent childhood. All of them were either abused, ignored, raped, what have you, and many of them admit that their unstable childhood probably led to their CHOICE to be gay. If you were BORN gay, you would have a way to procreate. And if someone brings up the "oh, invitro fertilization is their method", I'll e-slap your dumb ass.

I'm sorry, if you CHOOSE to be different, why should you be given the same rights as a traditional couple?

I don't care if you want to marry so you have health benefits, great, start up Civil Unions or something. Have your own ceremony, get the same benefits, but your CHOICE doesn't give you the RIGHT to tarnish the word Marriage that means so much to some of us.

Some of my current gay friends don't approve with my view. Oh well. Tab A fits into slot A (and depending on how cool your wife is, slot B and C too!), but no matter what, slot a and slot a don't quite work the same. Tab A and Tab A, the same.

The ignorance of some people just drives me nuts. ANd it's kind of funny, it's often the same folks that say not to stereotype anyone else, stereotyping us.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

^^^^

BRAVE BRAVO hail.gif hail.gif lol
Old 08-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

It's good to see you posting here again Missy. I appreciate your input into the discussion, but I want to clarify something. Are you stating that with your personal experience and knowledge now, you would not have done what you did at the age of 16?

I believe once a child is growing inside of you, it's on it's way to become a child and would be considered murder to prevent that life from evolving. Not all eggs/sperm become babies, but once fertilization takes place it's going to happen (barring any uncommon/unusual/unlikely events such as a miscarriage). But, I do appreciate your input and hope you continue to voice your opinion. Not to be critical of your situation, because I'm sure it applies to several people here, but a 16 year old (whether in a long term relationship or not) shouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant.

QUOTE (Arcy @ Aug 31 2008, 09:22 AM)
I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen the articles claiming that her son Trig(?) is really her grandson.
I think the sources are as reputable as the ones claiming Obama as a Muslim, or that Obama isn't legally an American national because of the wording of the Presidential requirements (well, those are actually somewhat factual).

Wow, RED z... that's quite a rebuttal... I think I agree?

Sorry, I saw this and just had to post it. Didn't see a better place so here it goes:
Old 08-31-2008, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I decided this year i am staying out of this election this time around as i find bad things about both of them which i dont support so in turn i dont want to have any of it.

but hey, i'm the kind of guy that thinks that ex gov. jesse ventura from minnesota would be a great president and if i do go and vote I will most likely put his name on my ballot. lol, i did 4 years ago.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:33 PM

So if you guys don't mind gay people, what the hell do you care if they get married? It's their life, let them do their own thing and be happy. Love is love. And no, people don't just randomly one day decide to be gay. It's a part of who the person is. Some people take longer to realize it, some people simply deny it and try to suppress it. Some people do randomly go gay because it's trendy at the time (mostly chicks). Some people go either way. Bottom line really, who cares? It's not your life, mind your own business.

Marriage is between man and woman.

And who ultimately decides that?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Depends on what you think dictates law.

It can be God.
It can be Government.
It can be morals.

The same could be said about Cocaine/abortion/death penalty/torture/eavesdropping/rape.
Who said it should be illegal?

Who ultimately decides that?

For most of us, it's religion and morals/ethics based in such as guided by Biblical scripture. As a society, we vote for politicians who best reflect our values and beliefs. Unfortunately, due to groups like the ACLU, a few minorities decide what should and shouldn't be allowed.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

um i say let them be married. if they wanna be miserable like the rest of us let em lol. cept those of us who be single lol
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First, I just got an email, I get to meet John McCain and his wife next Saturday at the convention center here in ABQ!

f***in kick ass!

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Aug 31 2008, 06:33 PM)
So if you guys don't mind gay people, what the hell do you care if they get married? It's their life, let them do their own thing and be happy. Love is love. And no, people don't just randomly one day decide to be gay. It's a part of who the person is. Some people take longer to realize it, some people simply deny it and try to suppress it. Some people do randomly go gay because it's trendy at the time (mostly chicks). Some people go either way. Bottom line really, who cares? It's not your life, mind your own business.

And who ultimately decides that?

TC, you are emotional about this, I can tell, but to answer your question, read my last post. That's why I care. The word MARRIAGE has been taken too lightly in this world for too long. Divorces are at what, 65 Percent? There is no respect for the institution of marriage, which by the way the ceremony is written, is expressly between a man and a woman.

No one said that folks randomly decide that they are gay, again, drop the passionate facade and read my post. No matter what you say, being gay is a DECISION, whether conscious or not, otherwise, they could reproduce.

As for what's my business or not? GO serve some time in the military, then you can tell me what is or isn't my business. Oh, that's right, you're canadian now right? Why not mind YOUR f***in business? This country and it's institutions ARE my business, have been since the day I was born.

And who decides whether or not it's between a man and woman?

Let's see...

1. Almost all laws we follow in this world are because of tradition, and practice. The tradition and practice of the overwhelming majority of races in the world is heterosexuality, and they've sealed their commitments by marriage between a man and a woman.

2. The vows and ceremony involved. Sure, change the ceremony if you want, but then you aren't getting 'married' if it's not the same ceremony right? Right. Hence why I said let them have civil unions and the same benefits as everyone that is married. It's not the same ceremony, it's not the same tradition or practice, it's not the same sexes, why should it have the same name?

3. By using your same reasoning, if they are truly in love, what the hell difference does the name of it make? Why not have them honor those of us that chose to stick with our born sexual orientation in the same way they want to be honored? Let us have something that has always been ours. No?

Lastly, using your line of reasoning TC, if a pedophile is in love with a 12 year old, and that 12 year old loves them, who are we to stop them from loving eachother? It's their personal decision, but why should it matter that traditionally, stuff like that is WRONG?

It's insane. Dogs marrying cats, cats marrying mice, pandemonium in the streets!!!

Why do we drive on the right side of the road?

Who do we usually sleep with our heads on a pillow towards the wall?

Why do we prefer our meat cooked?

Traditions, practice, and learning from mistakes.

Any other silly questions?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

REDZ - I totatally agree with you on half of your arguement, and completely disagree with you on the other half.

Your first statement says that you dont believe that some people are simply born gay. That they choose to be gay, resulting from bad experiences from their past. There are COUNTLESS studies of children ranging from 4 to 8 year olds who show signs of being sexually confused. The studies have full investigations of the parental upbringing resulting in negative results, and, there is by no means a rational explanation to why the child acts out of there sexual orientation.

There are also reports of births resulting in under deveolped reproduction organs that doctors basically take their best guess. Many of these people are diagnosed wrong. They grow up feeling out of place and out of their mind.

The idea that someone is not born gay is like saying someone with autism or mental handicaps simply chose to be "stupid" or "slow" or"retarded". The exact same can happen with the outcome of a persons sexual orientation. I do believe that the natural order of things is that a male and female is natural, where as same sex attraction is not a natural occurence. But, I do believe that these people should get the same kind of rights that normal married (I would prefer to call it something different, unified couples) couples get. The same kind of benefits financially and tax wise, etc...

Now, the idea that it should be called something different than marriage I agree with simply because it would solve much of the bickering towards this subject. We are at a time in society where church and state needs to be more and more seperate to be more and more fair and just to different people from different walks of life. Their ability to qualify for the same and equal rights as other couples that live together should be available hands down. If they want a "Marraige" certificate from a unified church body stating that not only the state approves, but God also approves, then let the churches deal with that on their own.

Great line from Ghost Busters by the way!!! I love that movie.