Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Is Sarah Palin?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
The more I read/learn about Palin, the more I dislike her/the idea of her. She's a devout Christian, yet her 17 year old unmarried daughter is 5 months pregnant. Kinda contradicts Christian beliefs.

How does Sarah Palin have any "fault" in that?? She can't control what her daughter does and doesn't do. I'm pretty sure my mother told me not drink and drive... and i'm pretty sure most parents tell their kids not to smoke. It happens. At least her daughter is taking responsibility, and they're gettin married.

2 of her kids names are, get this, TRIG and TRACK. WTF?????

what the HELL does her children's names have ANYTHING to do with this? seriously. are you 11??

Hold on. instead, let me make fun of a presidential candidate w/ the middle name of HUSSEIN. grow up.

The first attack on the World Trade Center occurred in 1993, at the beginning of Clinton's presidency. Withing 4 years, 6 people were convicted of carrying out the bombing, INCLUDING the mastermind. Yet 7 years after 9-11, we're in a completely different country and Bin Laden is running around who knows where.

and 9/11 happened at the beginning of our President's occupancy. and it was an attack of much larger scale.

and yea. we're in another country. GOOD. no offense but i do NOT want a war going on in my backyard. it protects all of us citizens who do not serve. makes sense to me

your arguments, liz, are ridiculous
Old 09-03-2008, 09:06 PM

While it wouldn't surprise me if that was her, I don't think it is. I've seen pictures of her with her family and she looks completely different.

But yes, it should matter. If you're the daughter of a public figure, especially the governor of a state and one who is running for vice president of the entire country, you should be a little more leary of how you present yourself. We didn't see Chelsea Clinton out partying it up when she was 17.

But yes, it's 2008, and I suppose boozing alcohol and getting knocked up at 17 are so becoming so common place to the point that they are morally accepted. And above it all, what matters more than anything these days is whether your hot or not. It's sad, really.

Yet here goes Bush sending $1 BILLION of our money off to GEORGIA, despite the fact that RUSSIA has already begun to help rebuild there.

uhm. what? lol

Do you keep up with current events BESIDES the US election?

2 of her kids names are, get this, TRIG and TRACK. WTF?????

what the HELL does her children's names have ANYTHING to do with this? seriously. are you 11??

Because I laughed out loud when I read that. Reminds me of all the celebrities who name their kids ridiculous things.

Hold on. instead, let me make fun of a presidential candidate w/ the name of HUSSEIN. grow up.

Hussein is a traditional Arabic name. Why would you make fun of it? At least it has meaning to it.

and 9/11 happened at the beginning of our President's occupancy. and it was an attack of much larger scale.

Yes, and Bush's approval rating SPIKED right after 9-11 to the highest approval rating ever recorded by Gallup, 90%! But since then it has been on a continuous decline.

How does Sarah Palin have any "fault" in that?? She can't control what her daughter does and doesn't do. I'm pretty sure my mother told me not drink and drive... and i'm pretty sure most parents tell their kids not to smoke. It happens. At least her daughter is taking responsibility, and they're gettin married.

Not control her, but you'd think that her mother being the governor of an entire state, she'd have more sense. And yeah, that marriage is really going to last. Hell if I married the first guy who I had sex with, I'd probably be on the streets snorting cocaine by now. The truth of it is, at 17, you're not ready for marriage. Hell at 24 I still can't say that I am fully ready for it. And then having a baby on top of it, forget it.

Teens are going to have sex, and not educating them on how best to protect against pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases is simply ridiculous. What really takes the cake is that Palin supports abstinence programs in schools instead of sexual education. Look how well that worked.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i edited out the thing about Russia before your reply because, well, i was wrong. lol. after i posted i read up a lil more
Old 09-04-2008, 01:13 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Sep 3 2008, 07:33 PM)
So what? Just because I never served in the military doesn't mean I'm less of a citizen. I was this close to joining the airforce while in high school, but after visiting the recruiter I said no thanks. That's my choice, no one forced you to serve and just because you did doesn't make you god.

Very well put. Even though I truely support our troops and definietly respect your responses to the nominees for president, after watching the Democratic and now part of the Republican conventions, its very clear that the Democrats focus is hear at home while the Republicans are so enthralled with the war effort, they loose sight of our problems here at home. Its time to wake up folks. Shit is not getting any better. Forclosures are now spreading from the track homes and urban spralls here in Denver to the more grounded and older neighborhoods. These are not people who got in over their head on an arm loan. The people that are now feeling the crunch are folks who have owned their homes for 8-12 or more years. People who have good jobs, or had good jobs, until now.

We need someone focussed more on the problems we face here. There is no sense in trying to help the world while our own country is struggling.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:10 AM

VOTE FOR LIFE>>VOTE REPUBLICAN

http://www.ohiolife.org/site.cfm/Videos
Old 09-04-2008, 04:24 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Sep 3 2008, 09:54 PM)
Bill clinton is one of the worst presidents we ever had. Don't agree? You didn't serve under him. The budget got better because of the policies of Bush SR, he just rode them. His policies are the reason our military was so under funded, under equipped, and the intelligence was so bad. Should we possibly remember ALL of the terrorist attacks that happened to the US and it's interests under his reign?

How bout the failure of Somalia? Wow, it's going great over there now that we left right?

I think bill clinton did a great job.

And DTN, let me get this right, you are voting for Obama because Bush made you put your training to use?

Unkay....

No, I'm not b****ing about doing my job. It was supposed to be a quick in and out mission. Without going into graphic details about how I was blown up, and shot at or the kids who would come up and beg for food, then throw rocks.... I'm voting democratic.

We went into Iraq talking about WMD, found none, installed a new government.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Unfortunately even inside the micro society on RDT, The same thing happens on the greater whole. The discussion started with Sarah Palin, and has struck cords and offshoots to bush politics, Clinton presidency, TC's citizenship status, etc.

The great thing about our country is that we are free TO debate, but are we debating the issues that are important? There is no perfect candidate.

In regards to her children, If her daughter did not have an abortion then does that mean she stands for pro-life?
Morals and Ethics of that issue are a whole different story. How many people on earth do you know came to be from a less than stellar decision by their parents (if they were even married).

I want to know how shes going to portray the U.S. with its slightly soiled world rep lately to other countries?
I want to know how well of a balance she will bring to McCain's ideals and plans to at least stay above 50% approval. ( you cant make everyone happy)
I want to know what her ideas of energy Independence are, and goals for achieving them?
I want to know if she had the guts to use the football as a last ditch effort if needed.

I dont know about anyone else but watching the few verbal arguments between Jed and TC on here, that had to be a little uncomfortable airing laundry in public, so i can only imagine what its like to have your daughter put into the spotlight by the media.

"We went into Iraq talking about WMD, found none, installed a new government."
This would be a very interesting talking point.

Lastly, sending as much money to foreign countries has got to STOP. 1 Billion dollars would make a significat dent in the number of bridges structurally deficient in the us and would go a long way in fixing our internal infrastructure.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

^ I agree on spending on foreign countries. Seeing as how US is borrowing a LOT of money from other countries (like China), it makes little sense to spend a lot of them on foreign countries. (if US had enough money to give away, then yea sure..)
Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Sep 3 2008, 07:59 PM)
OK One thing I dont like is people voting for a party instead of an individual.

Lets not bring race into this. People are thinking racism will go away if Obama is president, it wont. It never will. White people will soon be the minority in this country. One thing I would love to see is doing something about all the illegals in the country. If we didnt spend so much money on them we most likely wouldnt have to import all this oil. A lot of people dont see how huge of an expense it is to KEEP illegal immigrants here. Thats ridiculous.

Also dont think that Palins experience should be brought up so much. I would rather have someone with little/no experience as the Vice President instead of the President.

Very well said on all points.

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Sep 3 2008, 08:33 PM)
Go for it.

Okay... *Cracks Knuckles*

Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.
April 19, Oklahoma City: car bomb exploded outside federal office building, collapsing wall and floors. 168 people were killed, including 19 children and 1 person who died in rescue effort. Over 220 buildings sustained damage. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols later convicted in the antigovernment plot to avenge the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, Tex., exactly 2 years earlier. (See Miscellaneous Disasters.)
Nov. 13, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: car bomb exploded at U.S. military headquarters, killing 5 U.S. military servicemen.
June 25, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: truck bomb exploded outside Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds of others. 13 Saudis and a Lebanese, all alleged members of Islamic militant group Hezbollah, were indicted on charges relating to the attack in June 2001.
Aug. 7, Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: truck bombs exploded almost simultaneously near 2 U.S. embassies, killing 224 (213 in Kenya and 11 in Tanzania) and injuring about 4,500. 4 men connected with al-Qaeda 2 of whom had received training at al-Qaeda camps inside Afghanistan, were convicted of the killings in May 2001 and later sentenced to life in prison. A federal grand jury had indicted 22 men in connection with the attacks, including Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who remained at large.
Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole heavily damaged when a small boat loaded with explosives blew up alongside it. 17 sailors killed. Linked to Osama bin Laden, or members of al-Qaeda terrorist network.

Wow. You have a horrible f***ing memory. But that's right, Bill was so great, that's why we did nothing but send in a few cruise missiles, and piss off these guys even worse.

Right?

That's why your little blowjob buddy decided not to take out Osama when he was in hand, right?

Right. Using your line of reasoning then, 9/11 was also his fault. Thanks for proving my point.

The first attack on the World Trade Center occurred in 1993, at the beginning of Clinton's presidency. Withing 4 years, 6 people were convicted of carrying out the bombing, INCLUDING the mastermind. Yet 7 years after 9-11, we're in a completely different country and Bin Laden is running around who knows where.

And? They found him in Pakistan, THEY did, the Pakistani's, not Americans. Hmm, if we went into Pakistan, maybe we could find Osama's ass too. if he's even still alive.

So what? Just because I never served in the military doesn't mean I'm less of a citizen. I was this close to joining the airforce while in high school, but after visiting the recruiter I said no thanks. That's my choice, no one forced you to serve and just because you did doesn't make you god.

Sorry, but it does in my opinion. My OPINION. I'm far from god, but I've been around the world and the country, for the good and bad, so my opinions are based on wider knowledge and first person experience, not on what the Media wants me to think.

So, why should the US be the police of the world when the country itself is declining? What about health care and protection for our own citizens? What really got me today was 3 years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans is still struggling to rebuild. They made everyone evacuate for Gustav just in case it became another Katrina. Yet here goes Bush sending $1 BILLION of our money off to GEORGIA, despite the fact that RUSSIA has already begun to help rebuild there. It all comes down to politics, and in this case, politics trump humanitarianism.

And your point?

Guess you didn't see the report that the biggest issue for rebuilding NO right now is the illiteracy of the people living there? Came out like 2 weeks ago. Why isn't Obama down there helping? Where is Mayor Ray Nagin? Why isn't he out there fixing something? The world is bigger than the US, and yeah, isolationism works great (see the leadup to WWII).

So that must be why he left office with a 65% approval rating, despite the fact that he had been impeached. Bush's current approval rating is 29%. In April 2008, his disapproval rating was the lowest ever recorded in Gallup polling history: 69%.

Wow. The media puts down a president that has had to deal with the hardest situations this country has ever faced, and they do it for years, and you expect a high rating? Know what's funny? Now that Iraq is where it is, it's going up. KNow what's funnier? It's 2 times as high as the approval rating for congress.

Nope, don't see Clinton in there.

Nor would you, he's a dream president for the newsies. Besides, everyone loves a blowjob.

QUOTE (Sparticus @ Sep 3 2008, 08:56 PM)

Hold on. instead, let me make fun of a presidential candidate w/ the middle name of HUSSEIN. grow up.

and yea. we're in another country. GOOD. no offense but i do NOT want a war going on in my backyard. it protects all of us citizens who do not serve. makes sense to me

your arguments, liz, are ridiculous

I have to agree. You make fun of her kids names, but HUSSIEN OBAMA is fine with you? I could care less if Hussien is a common Muslim or Arabic name, everyone keeps fighting and arguing that he's not some sort of Arabic or Muslim sleeper agent, but his middle name is still Hussien? why wouldn't he have changed that back before he started in politics what, 6 years ago?

McCain has said it hundreds of times. We can either fight them in their front yard, or they'll be fighting us in our back yard.

Which do you prefer?

Oh, that's right, you moved to Canada.

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Sep 3 2008, 09:06 PM)
But yes, it should matter. If you're the daughter of a public figure, especially the governor of a state and one who is running for vice president of the entire country, you should be a little more leary of how you present yourself. We didn't see Chelsea Clinton out partying it up when she was 17.

Unkay... Your supreme leader NObama said it's a non issue, he is from a teen pregnancy of a single mother (IIRC).

And WTF would party with Chelsea? She was uglier than KitFox till a year or 2 ago. Her mother is affectionately known as "The Ice Queen", would anyone want to party with her daughter?

Hell no.

Yes, and Bush's approval rating SPIKED right after 9-11 to the highest approval rating ever recorded by Gallup, 90%! But since then it has been on a continuous decline.

OMFG! Higher than t3h Clint0nz????!!!!?!?!!?

Kinda funny, Gore said in 2003 when the runup for the next election was going on that he would have done the exact same things as Bush after 9/11.

Not control her, but you'd think that her mother being the governor of an entire state, she'd have more sense. And yeah, that marriage is really going to last. Hell if I married the first guy who I had sex with, I'd probably be on the streets snorting cocaine by now. The truth of it is, at 17, you're not ready for marriage. Hell at 24 I still can't say that I am fully ready for it. And then having a baby on top of it, forget it.

Right... That's why Mom here has been married to her highschool boyfriend for what did she say? 22 years? 5 kids? I give them a decent chance, as much as anyone else.

Teens are going to have sex, and not educating them on how best to protect against pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases is simply ridiculous. What really takes the cake is that Palin supports abstinence programs in schools instead of sexual education. Look how well that worked.

Your point? Educate the kids and they still do it. I did.

QUOTE (DTN @ Sep 4 2008, 04:24 AM)
I think bill clinton did a great job.

Of course you did, you were what, 12 when he was president?

No, I'm not b****ing about doing my job. It was supposed to be a quick in and out mission. Without going into graphic details about how I was blown up, and shot at or the kids who would come up and beg for food, then throw rocks.... I'm voting democratic.

Sounds like it to me. No, no one said it was going to be a quick in and out mission. You are retarded. Bush said after 9/11, during his speech at Ground Zero that this fight was going to take a VERY long time, as it's an ideological struggle, and would span many nations. Everyone backed him up then, and as we all collectively tied our boot laces to get to work, 1/2 of us remembered that ideological struggles are hard, and folks get hurt, and then we pussied out.

Your story sounds heart wrenching. Sounds like war to me. Or maybe Oakland. I got rocks thrown at me in Oakland in my Humvee back in 1996. Had to replace all of the windows.

We went into Iraq talking about WMD, found none, installed a new government.

Wrong again. We found some. Enough for sure. I've posted the links in the past to the sarin gas warheads and other stuff found. The amount of "dual use" facilities and mobile trailers in the country also meant that they didn't need to keep stocks on hand. I've posted about this dozens of times. Of course, it's easier to forget this, discount it, or just say it's not enough.

That's why it's done this way.

As for installing a new government, uhm, duh. That's how war is supposed to be fought. Go read this little paper called the Constitution, you'll see lots of stuff in there about spreading democracy.

Wow, wasn't this about Sarah Palin at one point?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Evo

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Sep 4 2008, 11:12 AM)
^ I just read a quote that echoes those sentiments: "People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example, than the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

The more I read/learn about Palin, the more I dislike her/the idea of her. She's a devout Christian, yet her 17 year old unmarried daughter is 5 months pregnant. Kinda contradicts Christian beliefs.

i like that quote.

how is that a contradiction? are we not allowed to lead individual lives? just because palins a devoted christian, doesnt mean that her kids have to share the same values.

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Sep 4 2008, 11:03 PM)
Wrong again. We found some. Enough for sure. I've posted the links in the past to the sarin gas warheads and other stuff found. The amount of "dual use" facilities and mobile trailers in the country also meant that they didn't need to keep stocks on hand. I've posted about this dozens of times. Of course, it's easier to forget this, discount it, or just say it's not enough.

As for installing a new government, uhm, duh. That's how war is supposed to be fought. Go read this little paper called the Constitution, you'll see lots of stuff in there about spreading democracy.

regardless of if they found wmd or not, the general consensus is none were found.

forcing democracy isnt going to work