Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Here Still Listens To Rap?

Old 03-05-2006, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Honda

Damn you all. It's time for some 3rd coast stuff....

Paul Wall
Mike Jones
Slim Thug
Lil Keke
Aztec
UGK (Bun B and Pimp C is OUT)
DJ Screw - Rest in Peace
Michael 5000 Watts
Lil Flip
Chingo Bling
Geto Boys
BIG TUCK (PUT DALLAS ON YOUR MAP SUCKAS!!)
Scarface
Z-Ro

Already. You don't know about Williams Chicken but you will know that Texas is taking over.

And I listen to other stuff, not just Texas stuff... I grew up listening to rap and that's mostly what I listen to now. And as great as the south is, when Dr. Dre drops Detox, that's going to be the best rap CD ever. That's like getting Vince Carter to do a Slam Dunk Contest against the kids that did it this year.

And Kanye West has saved me from getting traffic tickets, well, the song "Gone" has really. I can get in my car angry as hell, ready to drive 32423 mph and play that song and relax.

And what's with the love for 50 Cent?

Go download 300 Bars and Runnin by The Game. He KILLS him and the whole damned G-Unit on it. It's 14 minutes long, and the whole flow is great. G-G-G-UNOT.

Or even Jadakiss' 50 Cent Diss. "This is a true fact, since when is it cool to get shot and not shoot back?"

Or the Fat Joe one.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I grew up on grandmaster flash,Ice-t ,curtis blow,eric b ,run dmc,public enemy,big daddy kane ,whoodini,too short,boo ya ttibe,king t,tone loc, oh yeah ha ha I used to b boy at the mall to the first rock steady crew tape (damn I'm old)cardboard,upsidedown hat for coin,3 man crew,sponser the whole breakin bit,,,ha ha fun memories....any way ........the latest rappers to keep my attention are nas ,cypress hill,dialited peoples,the game,twista,pitbull,bun b,paul w &mike j ,and and K west.... oh yaeh , I love metal too and play guitar a bit ,i still listen to my old school music all the time ,but I slice & dice them to make em sound fresh.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Old school fool! Your right, 50 has beats, but lyrically he has been torn up and down by other New York rappers. G-unit tries to fire back but none of them are even credible in the game so to speak. Mase would be a bigger star than 50. Game put him in his place and 50 got all pissy has Game outshined him and made him look like a chump on sales. Plus Cali roots.

Anyway my point to this post is REDZ if you don't get down with rap, why clck the link other than to look for reasons to warn peeps! HAH Start your own Hill Billy thread or uhm. . what's that crap people who think cowboys still exist sing? Country. You wanna talk 60'2 and 70's rock!! Make a thread I'll bust out the Vinyl. That could be a WHOLE nother list rivalling my cd collection and I have been in two bands (both went nowhere) and play guitar and drums. So post it up!

Title it a debate as to who and why is the greatest rock band of the ages or most influencial if not long lasting. I.E. a valid argument of Zeplin vs. Nirvana. Longevity vs generation cornerstone.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Tibby

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 5 2006, 12:14 AM)
A bunch of white guys and girls talking about rap.

How depressing.

1. Nobody's totally white dude, everybody's ancestors came from Africa at some point. 2. Why do you have to be black to like rap? 3.Why can't girls talk about rap? Not all girls like the poppy radio crap like Destiny's Child and the Pussycat Dolls. There are a few intelligent girls who understand and can like something that's not just catchy.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 4 2006, 10:14 PM)
A bunch of white guys and girls talking about rap.

How depressing.

not all of us can be cool ravers f***ed up on E listening to techno! nana.gif
Old 03-05-2006, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

uh oh...........can of worms......
Old 03-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tib

heres my list:
Always LIL WAYNE(BIRDMAN JR)
mike jones
paul wall
slim thug
Dem Franchise Boyz
T-pain
904 Click
DIPSET(camron,Juelz Santana,JimJones, hell rell, .40 cal) NY (140&lenox)
Old 03-06-2006, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, I have no idea what Darkchylde was getting at. I don't listen to country, that's for sure.

Anyways, the point is, there is good music of all sorts.

In general, most rap sucks. It's a bunch of wanna be thug brothers talking about how they wanna abuse someone or something, or how they allready did. I could care less if it gets your panties in a bunch, it's just fact. Why are lots of the old rappers calling themselves "R&B" artists now? They aren't R&B, look at what R&B was in the 60's, 70's, that's R&B.

As for women liking it, hell, if you like to listen to stuff that constantly calls you a b**** and tells you to suck it, more the marrier. Do you have to be black to like Rap? No. Unfortunately though, most of the white folks I've ever met that listen to it are trying to be something they aren't. You didn't grow up in the hood, you got rejected by the Bloods, and you have no ass to hold your pants up.

I'd like to point out that I, like you, am entitled to my opinion and my listening prefrences. I prefer music with no lyrics now, as music without lyrics that can get to you like music with lyrics takes a lot more talent and skill in my opinion.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (hyundaijvx @ Mar 5 2006, 04:51 AM)
And what's with the love for 50 Cent?

Go download 300 Bars and Runnin by The Game. He KILLS him and the whole damned G-Unit on it. It's 14 minutes long, and the whole flow is great. G-G-G-UNOT.

HAHA lmao.gif HAHA Yah i downloaded that song, it blew. It was 14 minutes of garbage, the lyrics sucked, and he never even made one bar of that song remotley come close to anything anyone would call a kill. The only time he had ANY flow was when he was sampling 50s songs with different lyrics. What a no talent, you can tell that the only reason he sounded good when he was with G-UNIT was because 50 would help him write rhymes, and he admitted it. Then later on he tries to say, oh he only helped me a couple times, bull, because 50 didnt help him on that song, and you could tell. That was the sorriest excuse for a diss ive ever heard, period. Game shoulda stayed where he belonged, in the shadow of 50. And whats up with G-unot? it sounds so stupid, its not even clever, thats like saying n-N-n-NO Game, that was easy.

QUOTE (darkchylde @ Mar 5 2006, 11:42 AM)
Old school fool! Your right, 50 has beats, but lyrically he has been torn up and down by other New York rappers. G-unit tries to fire back but none of them are even credible in the game so to speak. Mase would be a bigger star than 50. Game put him in his place and 50 got all pissy has Game outshined him and made him look like a chump on sales. Plus Cali roots.

here you go again with the 50 hating, first off, any time the G-unit disses somebody, its felt, and you cant even give me a good bar that has a solid flow and creative rhyme that says anything about the G-unit or 50, their haters and so are you, hating on a man and his group that are having UNRIVALED success. I listened to 50 since the beginning, and nobody is more real. Game outshined 50? what? Games not even on the radar after the dust between him and fifty settled. Hes a nobody that had a chance to be somebody if he would have just paid his dues and not disrespected nobody with claims that he was better. I have every 50/G-Unit CD, seen the movie, i have the video game, 50 ownz you. end of story

G-G-G-G-unit
Old 03-06-2006, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 6 2006, 11:27 PM)
I'd like to point out that I, like you, am entitled to my opinion and my listening prefrences.

yes you are but this isnt a post asking for your opinion and listening preferences.......its a post askin if anyone still listens to rap so your post would be concidered offtopic.gif wink1.gif

i do agree with you that this new stuff out sucks

50 cent and the rest of g-unit HAVE THE EXACT SAME FLOW hell even the beats sound the same a drum beat here a chime there and hey its a new song

rick ross sounds like a knock off of three six mafia

there are very few new guys that impress me at all

tech9
three six mafia
among others

gimme some 90s shizzle and ill be fine for a long time lol