Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who All Is In Las Vegas

Old 11-03-2008, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other day I found out that I am going to be stationed at Nellis AFB there in Las Vegas. I'm pretty excited about that. Just wanted to know how the vehicle laws are there and how bad the cops are. Now I should be able to get a lot of stuff done with my car.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

tiburonmoo and i8acobra.

only ones i know.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:09 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My dad lives there. I visit every once in a while.

My brother used to live there. He had a Integra which was suped up a bit. I'd say they are not too hard on the laws in sin city. First thing you'll notice is that on the highways/freeways, the speed limit is nothing more then a mere suggestion. Next thing is all the suped up cars around the place. If you go out on the weekend, you might notice the street racing scene.

Have an in-n-out burger for me mang.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Ya i have heard that Las Vegas is pretty lose on cars as well.

The company i work for has an office in California and everyone is always talking about if they go out there they have an in-and-out burger. They are apparently really good.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Car laws are pretty much non-existent. No inspection, just a smog test. The smog test here is just plugging into your OBD2 port and looking for codes. Unless you have a CEL, you'll pass. For military, registration is cheap if your legal residence is out of state. It's just $45 I think since you don't have to pay all the taxes.

www.lvracingscene.com is a local car board, but I try to stay off it. Mostly street racers and ricers. Myself and a few other car guys (mostly RWD imports) meet Wednesday nights at different locations. Location is posted at: www.gzcon.org/zforum/cmps_index.php.

EDIT: Guess I have to manually add url tags.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

My aunts son is out there somewhere at nellis...not sure where, but from what i hear it isnt bad...
Old 11-03-2008, 12:16 PM

My car is registered in California, didn't really want to have it registered in Guam. Not sure if I am going to keep it in California or move it over to Nevada. That's good to hear that they are not as tough on the laws. California sucks when it comes to that stuff. Hopefully by the time I get there I will have a supercharger (or on the way) from NGM. Also I have a plenty of body work to take care of. Guam is really rough on cars. Rust and road conditions. And I need to get a new muffler. A few months ago my tip rusted out and I pretty much pulled that and all the insides out. But it really nice and loud deep grow to it, thanks to my glasspack. I was thinking of going with a flowmaster this time. Oh yeah I miss In-and-Out's and a lot of other places. Will have to go and eat there.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

im in vegas too. but i8acobra is right. there isn't much of a following for tibs. just a lot of ricers. and street racing. no fun. sad.gif

ps. in 'n out is amazing. animal style fries. mmmmmm
Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Well, if any Vegas people here ever want to meet up, come to one of my Wednesday meets. We get food, talk and then usually go hit a Starbuck's. In fact, tonight a few of us will be at the Eastern and 215 'Bucks at 8pm.