Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

White House Snubs Fox news

Old 10-13-2009 | 06:56 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default White House Snubs Fox news

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html...ww.foxnews.com/

The White House has formally come out and has said that they are "at war" with Fox News. Labeling them as a liar and twister of truths. They refuse to do any interviews and have even launched a website to untwist Fox News "Lies" (paid for by your tax dollars). President Nixon did a similar thing to the New York Times.

However, no one but the White House thinks its a good idea. Not even CNN (as you can see in the link). They believe it is a very poor choice by the White House.

Fox News boosts the Highest Number of viewers and beat out all the competition by, in most cases, 2 to 1. They also hold the demographic for viewers between 18-49. And on top of all that, Fox News has the most varied scope of viewers including Conservatives, Liberals, and Independents.

IMO, not a good move at all by the White House. It just makes the White House look very whiny and unable to take criticism. Considering they are the only News Agency that will actually makes the hard questions.

This administration is pathetic.
Old 10-13-2009 | 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

I wonder what snob suggested this in the white house
Old 10-13-2009 | 07:05 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

Everybody knows Fox is crazy biased. I went looking around the interwebs for some more 3rd party news on this "war" but can't find much that isn't a blog....Hopefully I can because this is pretty crazy indeed.
Old 10-13-2009 | 10:45 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yeah, that's going to be an unpopular decision.
Old 10-13-2009 | 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

The smarter way for the administration to handle this would've been to simply snub Fox without making any comments about it or even acknowledging that they're doing it.
Old 10-13-2009 | 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

The new dawg in da house doesn't roll like that. Secret ad versions and quiet wars are all bush tactics. Why do they care, unless of course they have something to hide.
Old 10-13-2009 | 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai F24S

QUOTE (i8acobra @ Oct 13 2009, 01:14 PM)
The smarter way for the administration to handle this would've been to simply snub Fox without making any comments about it or even acknowledging that they're doing it.

Bingo.
Old 10-13-2009 | 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

QUOTE (RedTibbyFX @ Oct 13 2009, 05:56 AM)
Fox News boosts the Highest Number of viewers and beat out all the competition by, in most cases, 2 to 1. They also hold the demographic for viewers between 18-49. And on top of all that, Fox News has the most varied scope of viewers including Conservatives, Liberals, and Independents.

You forgot to attribute your quote... "According to Fox News". Also, the Pew Charitable Trust is very conservative, so I'd trust a study by them about as far as I can throw their main office.

The J. Howard Pew Freedom Trust (which became the Pew Charitable Trust) had as its mission to "acquaint the American people with 'the evils of bureaucracy' and 'the values of a free market' and 'to inform our people of the struggle, persecution, hardship, sacrifice and death by which freedom of the individual was won.'" Joseph N. Pew, Jr. called Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal, "a gigantic scheme to raze U.S businesses to a dead level and debase the citizenry into a mass of ballot-casting serfs."

Now that's what Fox News calls, "Fair and Balanced". blink.gif